We just signed off on Beta 2, sprayed champagne on each other, and dunked each other in the pond to celebrate!! Next steps for you:
- First, please celebrate with us virtually by checking out these photos!
- Then go download Beta 2 from Connect!
- Tell us what you think on the public forum!
This milestone is the feature complete milestone for Service Manager. From here on out we will only be fixing bugs and responding to customer feedback. The end is in sight!!
What’s new in Beta 2?
- Problem management
- End user self-service portal
- IT analyst portal
- Inbound email to incident workflow
- New reports
- Full extensible data warehouse
- Authoring console for customizing forms and creating custom workflows (without writing code!)
- Operations Manager integration – alert to incident scenario and service/service component inventory sync
- Self-service software provisioning
- significant improvements in performance and scalability
Also, of note this is the first time that any System Center product has ever simultaneously shipped a beta release in multiple languages (English, German, and Japanese for now).