We are very pleased with the reception System Center 2012 has had since its release in April. Many organizations are in the process of deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to help embrace consumerization while still maintaining corporate compliance and control. Over the past few months we’ve been detailing our plans for Configuration Manager Service Pack 1, and we’re happy to announce that the beta is now available for download on the Microsoft Download Center. This blog post focuses on the Configuration Manager capabilities in the service pack, as well as new information about Windows Intune.
With Windows 8, Windows RT devices, and Windows Phone 8 coming soon, we are excited to give you a preview of the new client management capabilities and vision we’ll be delivering in the coming months:
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Interoperability of Windows Intune and System Center Configuration Manager Console
- Management of Windows RT and Windows Phone 8
- Windows Intune Licensing Changes
- Support for the Management of Windows Embedded devices