Windows Server® powers many of the worlds’ largest datacenters, enables small businesses around the world, and delivers value to organizations of all sizes in between. Building on this legacy, Windows Server 2012 redefines the category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Simply put, Windows Server 2012 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver a whole new level of business value.
On September 4th we celebrate the launch of Windows Server 2012. See http://www.windows-server-launch.com/ for more information and calendar reminders so you don’t miss the webcast.
Are you looking for more information on whats new in Windows Server 2012? A great place to start is the Overview area on microsoft.com. Keep in mind a lot of the content is still pointing to the Release Candidate (RC) version, but it will all get updated very soon. Be sure to review the different Windows Server 2012 Editions.
Offers a dynamic, multitenant infrastructure to help you scale and secure workloads to build a private cloud. Windows Server 2012 can help you provide:
- Complete Virtualization Platform – A fully isolated, multitenant environment features tools that can help guarantee service-level agreements, enable chargebacks through usage-based billing, and support self-service delivery.
- Increased Scalability and Performance – A high-density, highly scalable environment can be modified to perform at the optimum level based on your needs.
- Connectivity to Cloud Services – A common identity and management framework enables highly secure and reliable cross-premises connectivity.
Delivers a highly available and easy-to-manage multi-server platform. Windows Server 2012 can help you provide:
- Continuous Availability – New and improved features offer cost-effective, high IT service uptime. They are designed to endure failures without disrupting services to users.
- Management Efficiency – The automation of an even broader set of management tasks and the simplified deployment and virtualization of major workloads offer a path to full lights-out automation.
- Cost Efficiency – Taking advantage of commodity storage, networking, and server infrastructure and increased power efficiency offer superior acquisition and operating economics.
Additional Resources and Links
- Windows Server 2012 RC download – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/hh670538
- Windows Server 2012 Virtual Labs – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/hh968267.aspx
- Windows Server 2012 Evaluation Guide – download center WS 2012 Evaluation Guide.pdf
- TechNet Windows Server tech center – http://technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver
- Server and Tools Server and Management Blogs – http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-management/
- Windows Server Blog – http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsserver/
- Virtualization Blog – http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualization/
- Remote Desktop Services Blog – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager Blog – http://blogs.technet.com/b/scvmm/