Today in Washington DC, our CEO Satya Nadella shared more on Microsoft’s commitment to help you be more secure in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Against a backdrop of increasingly frequent and more severe cyber-attacks, securing your business broadly including the devices and apps your employees and partners use as well as your hybrid infrastructure is a primary concern.
Over the last few months, in the Cloud and Enterprise division at Microsoft we have delivered key new capabilities across the whole stack to help you confidently capture the opportunities that come with new business opportunities in a more mobile and connected world, while improving security. In SQL 2016 for instance we are delivering end-to-end security and encryption built-in, with new capabilities also coming to Azure SQL DB. To help you encrypt other types of data in Azure, we introduced Azure Key Vault. For your on-premises identity infrastructure, we introduced new detection capabilities for advanced threats. As your company adopts more and more cloud apps, we acquired Adallom to protect across your SaaS services with insight into corporate data and user activity. Finally, we are taking cloud identity assets in Azure Active Directory that support your employees protection and extending them to your partners and customers.
At today’s event and in recent updates we have showed new solutions that demonstrate our commitment to helping you secure your business:
- Managing mobile productivity is a key part of the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS), the comprehensive and market-leading cloud solution for managing mobile productivity with identity at the center. Microsoft Intune (part of EMS) will now provide new expanded capabilities to manage company apps and data on devices, learn more here
- Azure Security Center provides increased visibility and control over the security of your deployments across Azure. By tapping into the intelligent security graph – comprised of billions of signals from end points, cloud applications and partners’ services – Azure Security Center offers advanced, analytics-driven, threat detection that helps you prevent, detect and respond to security threats in real time. To learn more about Azure Security Center and request an invite to the preview go here
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics. As you move to adopt an “assumed breach” posture and invest more in detection capabilities, understanding what is happening on your network and against your Active Directory in particular is critical. Attackers may lurk in your environment for months – so it’s important to focus on what’s important, fast. Learn more about Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics and get a free trial here
- Your data platform is critical to supporting you in capturing new opportunity in this world of digital business. SQL 2016 brings new capability to make this more secure, with new Always Encrypted technology to protect data at rest and in motion – get a look at Microsoft’s new data platform here
- As more and more applications move to the cloud, maintaining visibility and control over application access, as well as protecting critical company data stored in SaaS apps is a key customer need. With this in mind we acquired Adallom, a cloud access security broker, that works with popular cloud applications including Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, ServiceNow, Ariba, and of course Office 365
- We announced that we had signed an agreement to acquire Secure Islands, to classify and protect virtually any type of file, to expand our information protection offerings to customers
- Azure ExpressRoute lets you create private connections between Azure datacenters and infrastructure that’s on your premises or in a colocation environment. ExpressRoute connections don’t go over the public Internet and offer higher security than typical Internet connections.
- Azure Disk Encryption helps you address organizational security and compliance requirements, by encrypting your Windows and Linux VM disks with keys and policies that you control in your Azure Key Vault.
As business changes, so do the approaches needed to secure it. Here at Microsoft, and in Cloud + Enterprise division, we are investing and innovating to raise the bar, and work with partners across the industry in better approaches to securing your business for a mobile first, cloud first world. We hope that you are able to dig in and learn more, and we are excited to share more with you over time.