Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve shared with you our vision for the software defined datacenter and talked about how our approach to hybrid cloud can help you transform your business into a more flexible enterprise of the future. It is our belief that our Cloud OS vision, built on the foundation of Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center and Microsoft Azure is industry leading and can bring significant value to your business today. Microsoft provides a unique set of capabilities to help you provision and manage your infrastructure now, whether it is on-premises, in a Microsoft datacenter, or delivered by a hosting service provider. This combination makes it easier for you to leverage the strengths of your on-premises investments AND the flexibility of the cloud.
Microsoft is currently positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, x86 Server Virtualization, Enterprise Application Platform as a Service and Public Cloud Storage Services,* and we believe this validates Microsoft’s strategy to enable the power of choice as we deliver industry-leading infrastructure services, platform services and hybrid solutions. Only Microsoft has achieved recognition as a Leader across all four capability areas.
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service: We feel the pace of innovation in our cloud solutions led to much greater customer adoption in the past year, contributing to a very strong showing in the Cloud IaaS space.
- x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure: Recognized as a leader for the fourth year in a row, Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V continues to deliver an enterprise-class datacenter that customers can depend on.
- Enterprise Application Platform as a Service: Azure has added over 200 new services since last year, delivering a more complete portfolio and enabling customers to focus on creating the next generation of amazing apps without having to worry about managing the full stack.
- Public Cloud Storage Services: One of two vendors listed as a leader in this area. We believe the integration of our server, management and cloud offerings was key to success.
As you can see, Microsoft’s Cloud OS vision provides you with options and flexibility to grow your infrastructure as your business matures. Therefore, if you need to react quickly to a disruptive competitor, or adjust to new regulations two years down the line, your infrastructure can enable you to adjust vs. being an obstacle to change. Our approach is resonating with our customers as well, and we invite you to check out some of their stories:
- Aston Martin chose Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 and Microsoft Azure to help increase efficiency, reliability, and to take advantage of hybrid scenarios.
- United Airlines reduced operating costs and improved customer retention by adopting a Microsoft Private Cloud solution.
- Telefónica has chosen to implement a public-private hybrid solution to meet its unique needs.
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Lydia Leong, May 28, 2014; Gartner, Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure, Thomas J. Bittman, July 2, 2014; Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Yefim V. Natis, January 7, 2014; Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Storage Services, Gene Ruth, July 9, 2014
**Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.**