“With Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, we can deliver inspection results instantly so that customers can expedite engine repairs, resume flights, and save thousands of pounds” says Wyn Davies, Owner and Director of Aeroresponse, a UK customer that has just begun using Windows Small Business Server (SBS) Essentials. SBS Essentials is for customers like Wyn, and we were excited to announce the general availability of this product last week.
Today, around the world, there are millions of small businesses with less than 25 users that have not yet deployed a server in their network because they consider a traditional server too costly, too complex to manage, too big and unwieldy for their needs. These business would greatly benefit from a server that can:
- Keep their vital information safe and secure
- Manage and speed up their network and their computers
- Provide access files and computers from virtually anywhere
- Run powerful line of business applications
Windows SBS 2011 Essentials was created for those businesses. At a very affordable price, SBS Essentials can be similar to the price of a good quality desktop. Small Businesses can now get a server that fulfills all their needs and much more. Everything has been simplified so that is it easier to use and manage and licensing is simple as well with no CAL’s necessary.
For these reasons, we believe SBS 2011 Essentials is a great product for all partners that want to enter the first server market, work with new customers, and grow with them. As a platform, SBS Essentials allows OEM’s from large multinational companies like Acer, Dell, IBM and HP, to the smallest system builders, to help small businesses adopt commercial grade hardware. It also helps distributors expand sales in new markets; helps ISV’s to create and sell line of business applications and newly created cloud solutions, and offers our large network of committed VAR’s/ VAP’s and SI’s new opportunities to provide high quality services from server deployment, training, support, and solution customization, to customers that previously would not be interested in a server solution.
We will talk more in detail about these opportunities Wednesday, July 13th during WPC breakout session SMB04 “Opportunity in the Ecosystem: How Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Works “Better Together” with Microsoft and Partner Solutions to Meet Customer Needs”
Participants at this session will have the opportunity to see how Essentials working together with Windows 7 Pro and Office 365 can offer our partners the opportunity to increase their software, hardware and services sales. You will learn the experience of an SBS deployment directly from an IT Pro’s mouth and you’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand how cloud applications developed by our partners interact with SBS Essentials to extend its functionality (and cover important customers’ needs) in the cloud:
- Network Security as provided by Trend Micro’s Worry-Free™ Business Security Services. A cloud-based security solution that provides protection anytime and anywhere for business data.
- Data protection as delivered by Proxure’s Keepvault a highly flexible, fully customizable, cloud backup solution that allows SB’s to decide what to protect and when to protect it.
- Communication with ExchangeDefender’s a hosted solutions provider that offers advanced email and collaboration functionalities and allows Essentials customers centralize the management of cloud services with the rest of their IT infrastructure.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at my session.
Sr. Product Manager, Windows Server and Management Business Group