Get them while they’re hot! Download here: Linux Integration Services v2.1 for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V R2. This version of the integration services for Hyper-V supports Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 / 5.3 / 5.4 / 5.5.
When installed in a supported Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V, the Linux Integration Components provide:
- Driver support for synthetic devices: The Linux integration components include support for both the synthetic network controller and synthetic
- storage controller that have been developed specifically for Hyper-V. These components take advantage of the new high-speed bus, VMBus, which was developed for Hyper-V.
- Fastpath Boot Support: Boot devices now take advantage of the storage VSC to provide enhanced performance.
- Timesync: The clock inside the virtual machine will remain synchronized with the clock on the host.
- Integrated Shutdown: Virtual machines running Linux can be shut down from either Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager, using the “Shut Down” command.
- Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) Support: Supported Linux distributions can use up to 4 virtual processors (VP) per virtual machine.
- Heartbeat: Allows the host to detect whether the guest is running and responsive.
- Pluggable Time Source: A pluggable clock source module is included to provide a more accurate time source to the guest.
Support for this version of Linux Integration Services is provided via the Microsoft TechNet forums or by contacting the appropriate support channels for Microsoft, Novell, or Red Hat.
Download the Integration Service installer ISO here: Linux Integration Services v2.1 for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V R2