In my last post, I linked to some great training available on learning web development with Visual Studio 2010. Complementing that content is some excellent (and free) training on Microsoft Expression Studio with sessions for visual designers and Flash/Flex/Business developers:
The OnRamp training has been designed to work with Expression Blend 4, part of Expression Studio 4 Ultimate. Many of the lessons have assets available that enable you to easily follow what is being presented on screen. To use these assets please install the 60 day trail of Expression Studio 4.
- An introduction to Silverlight and Expression Blend (part 1)
- Learn how to keep precise control over your applications UI using dynamic layout
- Use your existing Photoshop and Illustrator skills with Silverlight and Expression Blend
- Learn how to use SketchFlow to rapidly prototype, present and receive feedback on your ideas.
- Dive deeper into the platform and tools: An introduction to Silverlight and Blend (part 2)
- Transferring your skills from Flash to Silverlight (Part 1)
- Transferring your skills from Flash to Silverlight (Part 2)
- Using drawing & graphics tools in Expression Blend
- Tips & Tricks: Things you should know!
- Creating and modifying User Interface controls
- Using animation and interactivity to bring your applications to life
- Project 1: Let's use the skills you've learnt in a real project
- Working with Data when designing your UI
- Creating, editing and incorporating video into a Silverlight project with Expression Encoder
- HTML Integration and Publishing
- Project 2: Create a WordPress site using HTML, the Microsoft Web Platform and the skills you’re now familiar with in Expression Blend and SketchFlow
- Top gotcha’s when working with Silverlight and Blend