My favorite new feature? Support for audiobooks through Audible and Overdrive (your local library likely has audiobooks that you can download and listen to on your Zune). Awesome for commuting! The “buy from FM” feature is pretty sweet as well…
So what is new?
- Buy From FM. Every Zune comes with an FM radio – and now you can use FM broadcasts to discover new songs for your music collection. Using RDS and RT+ data feeds from thousands of radio stations around the country, you can see song information while you are listening and tag the song for download the next time you sync your Zune.
One of our most-requested features is here: audiobooks on your Zune, from Audible.com and OverDrive.
- Zune Channels. Channels are an exciting new tool for music discovery – like a “radio station” that automatically syncs to your device so it’s available for listening offline. You can subscribe to channels programmed by experts from the music industry (eg., the Billboard Top 100, FADER magazine and KEXP radio playlists) or choose top “chart-channels” from all genres and sub-genres in our marketplace. Zune’s powerful software-service will even create custom channels for you, based on your favorite artists and genres.
- Personal Picks. When you browse to Zune Marketplace, you’ll find a new area called ‘Picks’ where Zune’s recommendation algorithm will suggest artists, albums and tracks based on the music you have been listening to, as well as offer channels created explicitly for you and a list of listeners-like-you from the Zune Social.
- Mixview. Select an artist, album or Zune Card to activate a dynamic, visual mosaic of related music and listeners (screenshot below at left). With each click users can take the view in a new direction, creating a fun, graphical way to discover new music. Mixview works with users’ current collection of music, in addition to tracks and albums from across the Zune Marketplace.
- Now Playing. The improved “Now Playing” view is more interactive and cinematic. Just sit back and enjoy our combination of great artist imagery, colorful effects, bio information and data from the Zune online music community… all combined in a full screen view. At anytime you can click to dive deeper into the music behind the picture; providing another great way to interact with your collection.
- Browse Zune Marketplace wirelessly
Download music directly to your Zune: at home, at a café… wherever there’s a wireless hotspot.
Zune has partnered with high-speed Internet access provider Wayport to let customers wirelessly shop Zune Marketplace on their player at more than 9,800 McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S.
- New Zune Originals
Even more designs for you to personalize your Zune.
You can now play games on your Zune! Devices come preloaded with Texas hold ’em and Hexic.
You’ll never again wonder what time it is.