From the SharePoint Blog:
A new SharePoint Deployment Essentials Guide made up of content from the previous SharePoint Governance Checklist PLUS additional materials explained hereafter just became available online. Physical copies of this guide are planned to be made available at the upcoming SharePoint Conference 2008, Tech Ed 2008, and internally at TechReady6 optionally available on MSMarket with ID 098-108909 for employees.
This guide was designed to provide the "cliff notes" to deployment.
- Differences between WSS 3.0, SharePoint Server Standard and SharePoint Server Enterprise editions
- Bulletted Sample SharePoint Server Deployment Plan
- Checklists for IA, Taxonomy, Training, PM and Ops including sample SLAs and roles, Dev considerations, Infra, Dev and Test env, DR and HA and applicable descriptions (on the back) including a master page wireframe
- Deployment Roles Diagram
- Containment Hierarchy
- Common Physical Toplogies
- Intranet Governance Model (Pyramid)
- 10 Steps to a succesful deployment
- Deployment Flow Chart Role Swimlanes
- Links and Additional Resources
Good Stuff! Download and print this handy reference.