One of our System Center Cloud and Datacenter Management MVPs, Kristian Nese, wrote up a great article on his blog describing services in System Center Virtual Machine Manager. I definitely recommend taking a read through that if you are new to services in Virtual Machine Manager.
Here is a link to the article on Kristian’s blog:
Also, check out the blog series by Yung Chou, Sr. IT Pro Evangelist at Microsoft, if you aren’t already following this:
- Part 1: Scenario and Lab Environment
- Part 2: Importing Service Template into Library Share
- Part 3: Changing Service Template
- Part 4: Deploying Service Template to Target Private Cloud (coming soon)
- Part 5: Managing Service Instance (coming soon)
Also, check out these previous posts on this blog from Alaks Sevugan if you haven’t already:
I’ll keep adding more info here as I come across it. If you have some other information sources on services, please drop them in the comments!