Here’s one more KB article we published today. This one talks about an issue where the reinstallation of System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 fails with "Library Share ‘MSSCVMMLibrary’ already exists":
When attempting to reinstall System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 (SCVMM) the installation fails with the following error:
Library Share MSSCVMMLibrary already exists.
Specify a unique library share name, and then try the operation again.
This can occur if there is a mismatch in the local path field in the SCVMM database for the corresponding library (i.e. the path of the Library seen in the database is different from the actual path of the Library).
1. Take a backup of the SCVMM Database. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956045.aspx for more details.
2. Open the SQL Management Studio and browse to the VirtualManagerDB database.
3. Right-click on the tbl_IL_LibraryShare table and select Edit Top 200 Rows (or Select the Top 1000 depending on your installation). This will contain the share name and the local share path.
4. The LocalPath field will have a path that will be incorrect. Change it to the correct path if it is pointing to the wrong location.
5. Begin the process of re-installing SCVMM 2008 R2 again.
To continue reading this article please see the link below:
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
AVIcode Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
OpsMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/