An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the servername server.
(Internal error code: 0x8099319E)
This issue can occur if the port used by BITS to perform the P2V on the source computer is in use by another application or service. The default port used for P2V in SCVMM 2008 is 443.
Note: Beginning with VMM 2008 R2 we will use port 40443 by default to avoid this type of issue.
To resolve this issue, perform one of the following methods:
Stop the service or application which is currently using port 443 by performing the following steps:
1. On the source computer, run the following command to determine which process is listening on port 443:
2. Stop the service or process listening on port 443.
3. Retry the P2V job.
Change the default port used by Virtual Machine Manager for P2V by performing the following steps:
1. Open Regedit.exe.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings
3. Create a new DWORD value with a name of P2VBITSTcpPort and set the decimal value to a port number less than 32768.
Note: You will need to choose a TCP port that’s not already in use.
4. Restart the Virtual Machine Manager Service.
5. Retry the P2V job.
For additional information on troubleshooting P2V issues, please refer to the following web site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc764326.aspx
For additional information on System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, please refer to the following web site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scvmm/default.aspx