Microsoft Learning and the Windows Server Product Marketing team are excited to bring you a new two-day Jump Start covering Windows Server 2012! Of course, the entire IT industry is excited about this new release and we believe this Jump Start will show you why. On June 21-22, from 9:00am – 4:00pm PDT, join Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and Microsoft Partner Corey Hynes as they walk you through their personal favorite feature sets and answer why and how each can improve your day-to-day IT environment.
Cloud-Optimize your IT with Windows Server 2012!
- Course: “Windows Server 2012: Preparing for the Datacenter Evolution”
- Date/Time: June 20-21, 2012 from 9:00am – 4:00pm PST
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Instructors: Microsoft Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and Microsoft Partner Corey Hynes
- Target audience: IT Professionals and IT Decision Makers
- What: “Jump Start” courses are accelerated, engaging and demo-heavy sessions tailored for early adopters and experienced technologists. They are advanced and assume a certain level of expertise, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.
COURSE OUTLINE (details)
Morning | Beyond Virtualization
• Game changers in the next release of the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2012
• Massive scale increases, networking improvements, replication and disaster recovery is all in the box
Afternoon | Manageability
• Learn how you can manage a few systems up to a hundred – all from one console
• Server Core installs scaring you off? Learn about all your installation and management options
• Windows PowerShell automation and management at scale – all with built in tools
• Clustering—Cluster-aware updating
• Networking, Network Teaming, network configuration, SMB MultiChannel and RDMA
Morning | Storage
• Learn how Continuous Availability of File Services improves workload reliability and performance
• Storage groups, disk provisioning, iSCSI and SAN integration
Afternoon | Remote Users
• Remote connectivity options for your workforce (DA)
• VDI and Remote Desktop Services deployment and changes
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.