AAW uses System Center 2012 – Orchestrator between Configuration Manager and Service Manager to sync Configuration Manager applications, leverage Service Manager workflows, and post the approval status back to Configuration Manager. We created wizards in Service Manager to configure custom service request template-matching criteria. User and application properties received in the approval request from Configuration Manager are used to select a service request template containing an approver list and activities that best fit your business process.
- Sync Configuration Manager applications data into the Service Manager database.
- Monitor and transport Configuration Manager Application Catalog requests requiring approval to Service Manager and open a service request.
- Return the completed approval workflow status to Configuration Manager for handling.
- Allow administrators to define and maintain application selection criteria for specific applications or application groups and specific users or user groups.
- Track service application requests and view application catalog contents in Service Manager.
Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft System Center 2012 – Service Manager
- Microsoft System Center 2012 – Orchestrator (Orchestrator and SCSM must be installed on separate servers)
- Microsoft System Center Integration Pack for System Center 2012 Service Manager
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Service Manager Portal
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable – 10.0.30319.
- Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 (available as a free download) can be used to view Word documents
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats (available as a free download) can be used to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office.