The initial release of “Concero” will enable customers to deploy, manage and control applications and services deployed on private clouds built using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 and in the public cloud offering of Windows Azure. This provides a consistent and simple user experience for service management across these clouds.
Some key capabilities of “Concero” are
- Ability to access resources across multiple VMM Servers
- Ability to register and consume capacity from multiple Windows Azure subscriptions
- Deploy and manage Services and virtual machines on private clouds created within VMM 2012 and on Windows Azure
- Copy Service templates (and optional resources) from one VMM Server to another
- Copy Windows Azure configuration, package files and VHD’s from on-premises and between Windows Azure subscriptions
- Enable multiple users authenticated through Active Directory to access a single Windows Azure subscription