The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) team is working on a new guide and would like your feedback. The Infrastructure Planning and Design guide for Windows User State Virtualization (USV) helps IT get started planning a Windows USV solution.
Windows user state virtualization helps IT find the right balance between centralized management of business-critical data and a rich user desktop experience. Follow the stepwise approach in this IPD to gather relevant user and IT requirements. Then compare and contrast the Windows USV technologies (Folder Redirection, Offline Files, and Roaming User Profiles) in light of scenarios that are relevant to your business. Also, leverage the real-world guidance based on subjective analysis of Windows USV deployments in mid to large organizations, and interviews with subject matter experts.
Reduce time and planning costs by following the processes in this IPD guide to design a successful Windows USV strategy.
Tell us what you think! Download the beta guide, and send us your honest and constructive feedback to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com by August 14th. We appreciate your input and will work to make each guide as helpful and useful as possible.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
· Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Tell your peers about IPD guides! Please forward this mail to anyone who wants to learn more about Infrastructure Planning and Design guides.
Join the Beta Program
Subscribe to the IPD beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. These are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD Beta Program and would like to join, follow these steps:
1. Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
3. Enter your registration information.
4. Continue to the IPD program beta page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
Check out all the Infrastructure Planning and Design team has to offer! Visit the IPD page on TechNet, http://www.microsoft.com/ipd, for additional information, including our most recent guides.