[Today’s post comes to us courtesy of Chris Puckett from Product Quality]
Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 Update Rollup 4 is now available on Microsoft Update and WSUS. This rollup package addresses the following issues in Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Issue 1
You may be unable to rename and to join a computer that is running Windows 7 to your Windows SBS 2008-based domain by using the Windows SBS client Join wizard.
- Issue 2
If the PublicFQDNPrefix registry entry is not set on the computer, you may be unable to install an update rollup for Windows SBS 2008, and you may receive the 6BA error code.
- Issue 3
The following four new alerts are added to the Event Log errors list:
- The server shut down unexpectedly
- The server restarted
- An error prevented Backup from starting
- An error prevented Backup from completing successfully
- Issue 4
The delivery of the network report may be delayed because it takes a long time for the server to query the status of the offline clients.
- Issue 5
Internet Address Management Wizard may stop responding after you delete a Windows SharePoint Services site on a computer that is running Windows SBS 2008.
How to obtain this update
- This update will be downloaded and automatically approved for installation via WSUS on SBS 2008 provided that KB 961048 has been previously installed. Otherwise it will require manual approval in the SBS Console.
- This update is also available from the following Microsoft Update Web site:
- This update is also available for direct download from the following Microsoft Update Catalog Web site: