[Today’s post comes to us courtesy of Chris Puckett from Product Quality and Shawn Sullivan from Commercial Technical Support]
There is a pre-emptive update that you can install to decrease you chances of running into the issue described in “Companyweb Inaccessible after Sharepoint 3.0 Service Pack 2” where you receive the error “Cannot Connect to the Configuration Database”. Customers who are planning to install WSS 3.0 SP2 should follow this post. However, this update will not help you if your server is already affected by the issue described in the aforementioned link; in which case you need to follow its resolution.
Steps to take:
- Download the December 2009 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server update package, KB 977022.
- Double-click the package you downloaded to extract it to a folder like C:\Users\admin\downloads.
- Install the 977022 update by right-clicking the wss-kb977022-fullfile-x64-glb.exe file and clicking Run As Administrator.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Continue.
- Click OK on the reminder to run the Sharepoint Products and Technologies Configuration wizard to complete the installation of the update.
- Reboot the server when prompted (without running the Sharepoint Products and Technologies wizard).
- When the server comes back up, click Start – Administrative Tools – Sharepoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard. Click Continue on the User Account Control prompt. If this fails to complete successfully, do not proceed to the next step. Troubleshoot why this failed. You need to have a functional companyweb site before you install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2.
- Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2 (KB 953338) from WSUS, Microsoft Update, or the Download Center.
KB Articles for Reference
953338 Description of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2 and of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP2
977022 Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server hotfix package (Sts-x-none.msp): December 15, 2009