[Today’s post comes to us courtesy of Rod White]
When an Administrator attempts to create or delete a user within the SBS 2008 Console they may get an error and a "View Warning Details" link. Reviewing the details show two warnings:
- Administrator <Admin name> does not have Exchange administrator rights.
- Mailbox does not exist for recipient of welcome mail.
You will also get the following errors in the C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs\Adduser.log file:
Messaging: MessagingTaskException: Insufficient privledge, not a member of an Exchange administrator group – Error# (80010)
AdminTME: Status: Tasked = MessagingTasks.TaskCreateMailbox, RootTaskId = TaskCreateUser, Success: True, Warning: True, Continue: True, Message: Administrator Robert Brown does not have Exchange administrator rights.
- Open AD Users & Computers > double click the <Admin User name> you are logged on as
- Select the Member Of tab
- Verify the Primary Group attribute. If the Primary Group is set to Domain Admins then you’ll need to change it Domain Users.
- Within the Member of list box, highlight the Domain Users group and click the Set Primary Group button.
You should now be able to run the wizards without error.