[Today’s post comes to us courtesy of Chris Puckett]
During the installation of SBS 2008, when you select the option “Go online and get the most recent installation updates (recommended)” you may not receive the most recent installation updates.
- Security updates and critical updates from Windows Update will still be installed.
- Updates from Microsoft Update will not be installed. This includes SBS 2008 specific updates.
- You will receive an error at the end of the installation saying “One or more updates cannot be installed.”
- During the installation of SBS 2008, select the option “Go online and get the most recent installation updates (recommended)”.
- When setup is complete, you will receive this screen.
- When you click View installation issues, you receive this screen.
When setup is finished:
- Allow WSUS to synchronize the updates for installation.
- Or you can manually browse to https://update.microsoft.com from the server to download updates.