[Today’s tip comes to us from Damian Leibaschoff]
After you install Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 or the SBS 2003 R2 Technologies, you might start seeing some MMC snap-ins displaying an error similar to this:
The source of the problem is that the snap-in is not fully compatible with MMC 3.0, and you most likely have already realized that both Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 and the SBS 2003 R2 Technologies install MMC 3.0.
These are some of the components that you might encounter this problem with:
- Health Monitor MMC
- Solution: Choose “Continue running and ignore errors with this snap-in for the rest of the session”
- ISA 2004
- POP3 Connector
- Solution: Install KB921096
- Group Policy Editor Tool
- Solution: Solved in Windows 2003 SP2. See KB915797
- SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services
- Solution: Choose “Continue running and ignore errors with this snap-in for the rest of the session”. See KB915091
The SBS Bloggers team.