Our friend Tom Cross is hosting a 3-part series of Telecommunications webinars that you’ll want to view if you are serious about making money from the world’s switch to IP-based phone systems. Here are the dates and sign-up information (follow the links below):
October 29, 2008: Telecommunications – the Next-New Revenue Opportunity (Part 1)
What’s In It For You – New Skills Means, New Business, Better Business, More Value-Profit to you business.
Where’s the money? Bandwidth is the Business – There is an infinite demand for business and recurring month commissions to you. Instead of selling once, you get paid for 3, 5 or more years.
- What is bandwidth: old services, new concepts, emerging services
- POTS-Plain Old Telephone Service
- PSTN-Public Switched Telephone Network
- Analog Business Lines and Trunks
- Digital Business Lines and Trunks
- T-1/T-3, ISDN-PRI/BRI
- SIP Trunking
- Emerging bandwidth services and business backup/continuity planning
- Bottom-line – “You can’t sell, what you don’t know,” this three-part series will tell you what you need to know.
November 19, 2008: Telecom “Interconnect” Hardware Systems aka “CPE-Customer Premise Equipment (Part 2)
This webinar focus on various hardware, software and hosted (web-based) solutions. It’s intended to give you a “taste” of the competitive landscape and help you position your RP sales efforts efficiently and effectively. Here are some of the key highlights:
- Traditional Key Systems
- RP-Response Point – new approach to the SMB-Small Medium Business
- Hybrid Systems – Open Source and other new approaches
- Hosted/web-based solutions
- PBX-Private Branch eXchange
- Media Gateways
Note: due to the brevity of these webinars, some of these concepts will not be discussed in detail.
This next seminar will bring all the services, solutions and concepts together into a “happy meal.” That is, there is more to owning a car than driving it off the lot. There is more to making your initial sale successful than the technology.
- User Assessment – what do they really want
- Network Assessment – what your local network looks like
- Systems Upgrade – routers, switches, cabling – what you will likely need to do
- Data systems integration – getting help
- Service Selection – RP Service Providers – what others provide
- Bandwidth.com, Cbeyond, Junction Networks, NGT, Packet8
- Agents, Master Agents – understanding how telecom is sold
- Installation and test – anticipating disaster
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics – knowing what you are hearing
- Training – “driver training”
- Billing – CTL-Contract Termination Liability – “watch out”
- Followup and Additional Services – “selling dessert”
[update: Oops, the earlier version of this post said there would be a webinar on Nov 11; it’s actually planned for Nov 19th at 9:30pst]