Audience Marketing Manager
Microsoft New Zealand
Your feedback is important to us:
Your responses drive us to improve.
Your experience with us here at Microsoft New Zealand is our responsibility.
We want to ensure that you feel satisfied in your dealings with Microsoft. Therefore, we ask you twice a year about your feedback on a list of themes. We are aware of the fact that this can be time-consuming for you, as well the fact that you may receive many requests for surveys, but your feedback will directly help us improve our products, services and offerings. Every single one of your comments is read by us here in New Zealand, and we take your feedback seriously!
The last two surveys we conducted brought in exceptionally pleasing results. Due to your continued support, we have seen improvements in several areas, including:
- overall strong ratings for Microsoft products showing that you see us as an innovative organisation
- the resources we provide and communicate to you
- continued positive feedback on installing and deploying of our offerings
Respondents from the last survey continued to give positive feedback on TechEd New Zealand, as well as the technical IT Camps with Hands-on Labs that we implemented in the last 12 months. This allowed attendees to connect with one of our best evangelists in person – and providing free 180 day product trials, a significant contributing factor to the success of these events. Based on the results of this survey, we will be working on the following improvements, moving forward.
For 2013, we have identified four overall areas to improve:
- Windows Azure & Microsoft Cloud platform – we have moved beyond using 'cloud' as a buzz word, and can now shift focus on its benefits.
- Security support – although we have moved our focus away from security in the past, we should provide resources to the IT Professional audience
- Technical support – previous results show we are improving, but we believe we can do even better!
- Licensing support – this is a difficult area to address. Licensing is not a 'one size fits all' for businesses. Yes, we are complex in this area, however, we offer you a broad range of options to satisfy your needs.
We put ourselves in your shoes, and have heard that these three topics are areas in which you require more support. We would like to address that. As a first step, we have assembled select resources to provide accessible information. In the future, we plan to offer more information around Windows Azure and Microsoft Cloud.
We read all your comments and we thank you for positive feedback. Here are a few examples:
- ”I've been very impressed lately with Windows 8, Office 2013 Release Preview and the smooth integration with cloud services.”
- “In its simplest form, everything works. The help systems, are becoming better organised and the vocabulary is getting easier for my students to understand. Windows 7 was a great improvement.”
- “Good TechEd (best so far). Exciting new products (eg Windows 8) AX 2012 a good progression from AX 2009, with many known problems addressed. CRM 2011 a similar progression in maturity.”
- “Extremely happy with all the extra training on the products that Microsoft release. Very happy also with the services online that are available”
There were a few feedback comments that made us aware of challenges we need to work on. We thank you for your honesty. Here are a few examples:
- “Improve Security and uptime”
- “Issues with SBS generally software is expensive”
- “The licence structure is very hard to understand. We run isolated networks and the new licence process is very difficult to use.”
Our next survey kicks off in March, and will take about 10-20 minutes of your time to complete. Between the 4th of March and the 12th of April, you may receive an email invitation from ‘email@example.com’ with a link to an online customer satisfaction survey. If you utilise a spam filter, please adjust the settings to allow email from the domain: ‘@e-mail.microsoft.com’. I assure you, this is a completely valid Microsoft survey.
Also, please be assured that Microsoft and the survey vendor will keep your information and responses to this survey strictly confidential in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Thank you in advance for your participation and valuable input. You have our commitment that the results of the survey will be used in our efforts to meet your needs better.