I've had several customers ask me how to administer RMS remotely. It seems that by default you can only administer RMS from the machine itself.
First let me say...don't do it! You are widening the attack vector when you allow the administration of your RMS server remotely.
...there...I've done my duty.
Now let me tell you how to do it in 10 easy steps. It's actually quite simple.
1. Open the IIS MMC.
2. Expand Web Sites>Default Web Site>_wmcs
3. Right Click on the 'Admin' application and click 'Properties'
4. Click on the 'Directory Security' tab
5. Click the 'Edit' button on IP address and domain restrictions
6. Stick your right foot out
7. Clap your hands twice **
8. Add the IP address of the remote machine to the list of allowed IPs.
9. Click OK
10. Click OK
Hope this helps.
**If the lights go out in your office during this step, clap your hands twice again.