The Exchange team today announced the availability of Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3. RU10 is the latest rollup of customer fixes available for Exchange Server 2010. The release contains fixes for customer reported issues and previously released security bulletins.
This is build 14.03.0248.002 of Exchange 2010, and KB3049853 has the full details for the release. The update file name is Exchange2010-KB3049853-x64-en.msp.
Note that this is only for the Service Pack 3 branch of Exchange 2010. Why? Exchange 2010 SP2 exited out of support on the 8th of April 2014 and will no longer receive updates. Customer must be on Exchange 2010 SP3 to receive updates.
Also note that Exchange 2010 transitioned into its Extended product support lifecycle phase on the 13th of January 2015. Exchange 2010 will now be serviced as per the extended support policy.
- KB 3069055 Various DAG maintenance scripts do not work in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3057422 "MapiExceptionNoAccess: Unable to query table rows" error and some mailboxes cannot be moved
- KB 3056750 Exchange ActiveSync application pool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3054644 "The item no longer exists" error when you access an archive mailbox in Outlook Web App in Exchange Server 2010
- KB 3051284 Event ID 4999 is logged and MSExchangeServicesAppPool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3049596 Event ID 4999 is logged and remote procedure call Client Access service crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 2964344 MSExchangeRPC service stops working intermittently in Exchange Server 2010
Now, before we rush off to download and install this there are a couple of items to mention!
Test the update in your lab before installing in production. If in doubt test…
- Ensure that you consult with all 3rd party vendors which exist as part of your messaging environment. This includes archive, mobility and management services.
- Ensure that you do not forget to install updates on management servers, jump servers/workstations and application servers where the management tools were installed for an application. FIM and 3rd party user provisioning solutions are examples of the latter.
If the Exchange server does not have Internet connectivity then this introduces significant delay in building the Native images for the .Net assemblies as the server is unable to get to http://crl.microsoft.com. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer only if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, click to select the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box again.
- Install the update from an elevated command prompt
- Update Internet facing CAS servers first
Backup any OWA customisations as they will be removed
Uninstall any Interim Updates (IUs) before installing he RU. You will have received these private files directly from Microsoft.
- Disable file system antivirus prior to installing the RU.
- Restart server after RU has been installed and then re-enable file system antivirus
Test (yes, technically this is in here for a second time but it is very important!)