Remote Desktop Connection Manager Download (RDCMan) 2.7

The venerable Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) 2.2 was starting to show its age.

After a slight hiatus, RDCMan 2.7 is now available.  Please say thank you to Julian Burger for the early Christmas present.  Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) is a great tool to consolidate multiple RDP connections into a single window to prevent desktop clutter.

RDCMan 2.7 supports Windows 8, 8.1, Server 2012 and 2012 R2.

RDCman 2.7 Download

The tool can be obtained from the Microsoft download centre.

Update 3-2-2015: Highlighting the note below as folks are hitting the download link and not reading the notes.  if you have the .RDG file in the installation folder, back it up before you upgrade to 2.7

Installation Pointers

There are a couple of things worth noting about the tool:

It will install into the x86 Program Files folder on a x64 machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Remote Desktop Connection Manager

Do not save your custom RDG files in the installation folder, just in case your local workstation dies and the file is gone.  In addition to this, upgrading the tool will typically remove the installation folder thus removing your .RDG file in the process.  All your connections will be lost….

I always keep my .RDG files in a  subfolder of My Documents, which is a redirected folder to a file server.

The RDG files are portable, and you can share them within your organisation.  For example, when you get a new admin give them a copy of the RDG files and they are able to review your list of servers and get connected easily – assuming they have the permissions….

The help file is located in a sub directory called Resources,  – unsurprisingly this is called help.htm

2.7 Fixes & Features

From the above help file.  Please review the help file for details.

New features

• Virtual machine connect-to-console support
  • Client size options come from the application config file (RDCMan.exe.config) rather than being hard-coded.
  • View.Client size.Custom menu item shows the current size
  • View.Client size => From remote desktop size
  • Option to hide the main menu until Alt is pressed. Hover over the window title also shows the menu.
  • Added Smart groups
  • Support for credential encryption with certificates
  • Better handling of read-only files
  • Added recently used servers virtual group
  • New implementation of thumbnail view for more predictable navigation
  • Thumbnail view remembers scroll position when changing groups, etc.
  • Performance improvements when loading large files
  • Allow scale-to-fit for docked servers (Display Settings.Scale docked remote desktop to fit window)
  • Allow scale-to-fit for undocked servers (Display Settings.Scale undocked remote desktop to fit window)
  • "Source" for inheritance in properties dialog is now a button to open the properties for the source node.
  • Focus release pop up => changed to buttons, added minimize option.
  • Added command-line "/noconnect" option to disable startup “reconnect servers” dialog
  • Session menu items to send keys to the remote session, e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Del
  • Session menu items to send actions to the remote session, e.g. display charms
  • Domain="[display]" means use the display name for the domain name.

Bugs fixed

• Application is now DPI aware
  • Undocking a server not visible in the client panel resulted in the client not being shown in undocked form.
  • Ctrl+S shortcut didn’t work at all. It now works and always saves, even if there are no detected changes to the file.
  • Shortcut keys didn’t work when focus was on a thumbnail.
  • Add/delete profile in management tab. In same dialog instance, profiles are not updated. Similarly adding a new profile from combo doesn’t update the tab.
  • Window title was not updated when selected node is removed and no new node selected (open a file, close the file.)
  • Connect via keyboard didn’t always give focus when it should.
  • Connected Group would always show itself upon connecting to a machine, regardless of setting.
  • Selecting a built-in group then hiding via menu option didn’t work properly.
  • Editing server/group properties did not always mark a file as changed.
  • Non-changes could result in save prompts at exit. This should no longer happen.
  • Activating the context menu via the keyboard button was not always operating on the correct node.
  • Changing a server/group name doesn’t change window title if the server/group is currently selected.
  • ALT+PAGEUP and ALT+PAGEDOWN hotkeys were switched. This is fixed for new installs—for existing files you’ll want to change on the [Tools.Options.Hot Keys] tab.
  • /reset command line option wasn’t resetting all preferences
  • “Server Tree” option from “Select server” focus release dialog didn’t show the server tree if it was hidden.
  • New file directory now defaults to “Documents”.
  • ListSessions dialog sometimes popped up in a weird location. Now placed within the main window

Finally and most importantly, please say a big thank you to Julian Burger the developer who wrote this and David Zazzo for working to get the tool released initially!!

Cheers,

Rhoderick

1. anonymouscommenter says:

Finally! Thank you for this christmas gift!

2. anonymouscommenter says:

very cool! where do we go to report bugs and feature requests?

3. anonymouscommenter says:

Can I read help.htm on internet ?
    I want to share help.htm on Facebook/Twitter with our friends.

4. anonymouscommenter says:

Awesome, and I hope Japanese version of Remote Desktop Connection Manager, and help.htm.
    I want to share this with our Japanese friends.

5. if you are finding issues let me know and I can provide the feedback Strict.

Cheers,
    Rhoderick

6. Hi Yoshihiro,

I can’t say if there will be a localised version or not – sorry! The help.htm is available in English in:

C:Program Files (x86)MicrosoftRemote Desktop Connection ManagerResourceshelp.htm

Does it help if you run that through a translator?

Cheers,
    Rhoderick

7. anonymouscommenter says:

Full screen mode doesn’t work as previous version? The scroll bars are always visible.

8. anonymouscommenter says:

Why they move down Disconnect button???

9. anonymouscommenter says:

Hey, I was searching for some bug reporting method too since I’m experiencing the same issue that Andy is, it seems. Seems like Microsoft is changing but you still lack an accessible bug reporting tool. Hope you can forward this issue…

Anyway, as Andy posted, there seems to be a problem with full screening that still worked in the previous version.

RDCMan v2.7 build 1406.0

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    .NET v4.0.30319.18444
    mstscax.dll v6.1.7601

task bar on the left (I don’t think it makes a difference):

Steps:
    1. Maximize the Remote Desktop Connection Manager window
    2. Press [ctrl]+[alt]+[pause] to fullscreen the remote desktop

Expected result: remote desktop in fullscreen mode

What happens: the remote desktop doesn’t fullscreen properly, it doesn’t override the task bar so it remains visible and so the window won’t be large enough and scroll bars remain visible in a "bugged" state, however the RDCM UI disappears.

Workarounds: if RDCM window is NOT maximized, this works as expected.

Hope you can get this fixed, thanks.

10. anonymouscommenter says:

It seems that when in the thumbnail view you can no longer interact with the remote session. In the previous version you could interact with the sessions in thumbnail view which makes it very nice if you had to perform the same action on several servers
    like clicking though a GUI wizard. I am guessing this broke when fixing "Shortcut keys didn’t work when focus was on a thumbnail." but I would really like to see this feature come back even if it is an option or a toggle.

Thanks.

11. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks

12. anonymouscommenter says:

Logon credentials (password) from parent does not passthru to Windows 2012 client?
    This was one of the best feature I liked in RDCMan, and hoping to get this feature again :).

13. anonymouscommenter says:

This solves the 3334 error when connecting to n Windows Server 2012 servers?

14. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks for the update! I’d like to repeat Miko Brown’s observation. Thumbnail doesn’t seem to allow you to interact any more is there a new setting I’m missing?

15. Recep YUKSEL says:

Thank you very much.

16. anonymouscommenter says:

Is there any where we can leave feedback for the developers? some of the new functionality is good but we’ve lost old ones, I particularly like the fact that I can connect to more than one WS2012 machines. However tsclient is gone (and that hurts badly),
    and, just as in one of the other comments, ability to interact with the machines in thumbnail view.

17. anonymouscommenter says:

Ifiok: Ability to interact with machines in thumbnail view is still available: click on one’s title to connect.

Is anyone knows, what encoding used by this version to encrypt stored passwords?

18. anonymouscommenter says:

Appreciate the refresh. I am excited to see more effort for high DPI displays, however, this tool has taken a bit of a regression since v2.2 did a much better job scaling RDP sessions to my display. Now, the native resolution passes all the way through
    to the rdp host and suffers from tiny screen. Can you provide more options to use the scaling % of the client to apply to the client area as well? (Dell M3800 @ 3200×1800)

19. anonymouscommenter says:

Any idea on how to connect it to a vSphere console?

20. anonymouscommenter says:

I also have problem with scaling on the client area. It seems as if the desktops on the rdp sessions doesn’t always scale? The startscreen is scaling. Where can we send feedback or get in touch for some support?

21. anonymouscommenter says:

Interactive Desktop in Thumbnails – found out what I was missing. There is a new display option. Go to properties, Display Settings and make sure "Allow thumbnail session interaction is checked."

22. anonymouscommenter says:

Is there a way to change the location of the RDCMan.settings file?
    It is in %localappdata%, but I’d prefer the possiblity that it ‘roams’ with me.

23. anonymouscommenter says:

Full screen does not work correctly ((.

1. James says:

The Full Screen has issues where if you maximize the session from a maximized server selection screen it oversizes the screen. If you restore down the first screen then full screen it sizes it correctly.

24. anonymouscommenter says:

I am not able to Undock anymore. I get an exception error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)

25. anonymouscommenter says:

Tnx for the great tool 🙂

But I have the same error when I undock as @Rodney:

What can I do to fix this?

26. anonymouscommenter says:

I troubleshoot this further. The cause is the DPI. When I set Control PanelAppearance and PersonalizationDisplay to 100% (instead of 125%) undocking is fine. But because my large resolution I prefer 125%.

27. anonymouscommenter says:

I can’t get RDCman to connect to local virtual machines. Tried multiple configurations. Is there a known issue or a configuration requirement that I may be missing? remote virtual servers perfect, remote VMs perfect, Azure instances perfect.. love it but
    need to connect to local virtual machines as well… thanks -kevin

28. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you very much. I use it every day and the new version has a lot improvements. Win2012 now works like a charm.

29. anonymouscommenter says:

Great new version. Small bug, when adding a smart group to a group (to do a Parent/Child relation) the smart group is not showing any servers.

30. anonymouscommenter says:

Click does not work on the thumbnail.
    I hope in the resurrection of the function.

31. anonymouscommenter says:

This is a link throw-down for the items that we discussed during a recent Office 365 workshop that I

32. anonymouscommenter says:

an invaluable tool

33. anonymouscommenter says:

is it so hard for Technet to add Share buttons? pressing Share opens up e-mail!

34. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m sorry, I must be very stupid. I can’t make this thing work at all. I wish I could, I need the scaling capabilities to use with my 4K laptop running Win 8.1, needing to connect to Win 7 machines.

The app has some problems scaling on my machine. Main window works fine, but any dialogs go giant and take up the entire vertical height, overrunning the taskbar, and are not resizable. Encryption Settings and Profile Management tabs have controls that overrun
    each other.

The bigger problem is there isn’t any way to save a dialog. I can add a group, but that’s it. So I can’t add a server, etc. Ctrl-S does nothing from inside the dialog.

Is there maybe some part of the GUI that’s not rendering?

35. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m having trouble with sharing a connection/RDG file with others – I assumed we could just assign a credential profile with a specific name then, as long as everyone created their own matching global credential profile name (with their personal credentials)
    we could maintain a central definition of the servers to connect to.

Currently every time I log out I lose my Global settings (including credentials) – is that because the app saves settings to %localappdata% instead of %appdata%, and we throw away the local settings at logout (we rely on roaming profiles instead)?

Can this location be changed?

Great tool though – a relief to see it being maintained again.

36. anonymouscommenter says:

YaY, public version big jumping from v2.2 to v2.7 for many cool features and fixes, thanks Julian

37. kajencik says:

Hello, this is really good news, RDCMan is a lifesaver product for me 🙂

I have one problém which was also present in the previsou version:

The logoff / list session doesn’t work when you are connected to another domain or with account that does not have access to that server (which is the case for me 99% of the time). I believe this because the logoff funkcionality takes its crendetials from current
    windows session, rather than from the credentials specified in the group or server properites.

38. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi… thanks for the tremendous tool… Can we please please please have an inline search function? Otherwise, I have experienced no issues with the tool.

39. petervdp says:

Great tool!

But v2.7 seems to contain a problem. IPv6 addresses are no longer supported as it was in v2.2. When using a plain IPv6 address, a DNS lookup is attempted on the IPv6 address which of course fails.

Peter

40. anonymouscommenter says:

I love the fact that the tool is being developed again.
    Unfortunately I lost some features I used in the previous version of the tool. For example I did use the ability to store a password as plain text and now it’s gone. I also seem to be unable to reorder the servers in a group (or groups in the parent group)
    in any way when sort order is set to "No sorting".
    It’s nice to have a feature to save specific credentials (profile) and reuse those not only by inheritance. Unfortunately I see no way to manage the saved credentials (profiles) – I can only create and use them, but can’t see a way to delete.

41. anonymouscommenter says:

Oh! I just found the profile management "hidden" in the "Default Settings Group Properties" window. Not very intuitive. (I’d see this window identical to the properties window of any session and NOT having other options there – those should probably be
    in the "Options" window.)

42. anonymouscommenter says:

One more thing: It’d be nice if we could get rid of the limitation that a group can only have other groups or servers and can’t mix those. That’s very inconvenient.

43. anonymouscommenter says:

Julian Burger – Excellent – as it has always been

44. anonymouscommenter says:

Great release! Thanks!

One question to Julian Burger and the team: How do you obtain the session status and active user in the "list session" feature? I’m using this a lot in a self-scripted XP program but for many of the RDP-sessions I get status "Unknown".

A tip or comment on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

New feature suggestion: List sessions for all connections in a group.

45. anonymouscommenter says:

In 2.2 there was an option to "Store password as clear text". Now that this is gone I am unable to share my .RDG between multiple VM’s. Is there a way to do this now? I liked the ability to update it once for multiple machines.

Thanks

46. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi…Thanks for a great tool. I’m looking forward for a solution that you only can logoff a server with the account, which is running the RDCManager. I looking forward an update, that use the servers logon credentials configuration for logoff. Until the
    if you logon on to your host with an ordinary user account and administrate your servers with an administrative account, the run RDCManager as different user (ad hoc or change the shortcuts startcommand to runas: /savecred and you will be able to logoff server
    form RDCManager for servers, where you use this as your logon account.

47. anonymouscommenter says:

This is great! So good to see this updated! Associate and I were just lamenting "gosh, it’d be nice if this was just a little updated, and didn’t crash as much as it does…" – one search later, and here we are!

Only time will tell if this is fixed –
    "This solves the 3334 error when connecting to n Windows Server 2012 servers?"

I would be extremely happy to be able to see that fixed, but am happy it’s been updated with so many new features! Thank you! Really makes my day!

48. anonymouscommenter says:

Full screen mode doesn’t appear to actually be full screen. The host computers taskbar. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

49. anonymouscommenter says:

Big thanks!

RDP Manager is my favorite remote desktop tool!!

50. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you so much Julian…I love this utility and been using it for quite sometime now. 🙂

51. anonymouscommenter says:

@Derek G. see the workaround on page 1 of comments for the taskbar on full screen issue. If RDCMan is not maximized, then going full screen works properly. Not ideal, and better than nothing.

Julian, thanks so much for all the updates!! I especially like:
    Session menu items to send actions to the remote session, e.g. display charms

52. anonymouscommenter says:

A bit disappointed that the new version doesn’t scale the server in full screen mode like v2.2 does. 3840×2160 scaled to 2560×1440 on my desktop used to give me a really nice 1440p on the server to work with. With version 2.7, I get the full 3840×2160
    on the server (and the microscopic text). Did a setting get moved, or is this a legitimate regression?

53. anonymouscommenter says:

Unfortunately on a high dpi screen the RDCMan is a complete disaster, sorry rolling back to 2.2…

54. anonymouscommenter says:

Since 2014 is drawing to a close, I thought it would be interesting to see what were the 10 most popular

55. anonymouscommenter says:

I was very pleased to see the updated version, but I really miss the ability to save passwords as clear text.
    I use my .RDG file on multiple machines, and have it in a shared directory. This does not work anymore.
    I think I may be able to do it by using a certificate, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this yet.

Can someone please help me here?

56. anonymouscommenter says:

How can i disable the "Bitmap Cache" in this version?

57. anonymouscommenter says:

Would be nice to see the new "smart scaling" ability with RDCMan.

58. anonymouscommenter says:

It’s impossible to have central repository say on file share with stored credentials since those are stored in Settings file under LOCALAPPDATA. There shall be a command line option to allow to specify location of settings file to make possible to have
    central repository which includes profile information

59. anonymouscommenter says:

As always RDCM is my favourite RDP tool. I enjoy the new improvements and appreciate the work that goes into this FREE utility. I like to remind myself that if I am dissatisfied with it I can always go and pay for an application that doesn’t work as I
    would wish. /sarcasm.

60. anonymouscommenter says:

Unlike 2.2, 2.7 does not handle connecting from a 4k display to a normal remote desktop display: the screen is tiny. (2.7 does fix the remote printing bug of 2.2, but the display in 2.7 is unusable). Moreover, 2.7 dialog boxes often have edges that disappear
    in 4K screen. How do I fix this? thanks.

61. anonymouscommenter says:

Any know of a way to disable credsspsupport within rdcman 2.7?

62. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello, I have to concur, for high DPI displays (in my case 2560 * 1440 / 13"), the apparent lack of scaling is a clear regression, have to roll back to V 2.2. Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

63. anonymouscommenter says:

This is my favorite tool for browsing several servers on several domain…
    With version 2.7 I confirm bug with fullscreen mode, task bar are still present. I don’t use permanently fullscreen mode but in certain case. This is embarrassing for example when I needed to cross several servers to reach final destination, in certain case
    I launched 3 Remote Desktop Connexion manager and Fullscreen mode is useful in this case. So for the moment I continue to use version 2.2 for this need.
    I confirm also if RDCM window is NOT maximized, this works as expected.
    But I hope you can fix this problem.
    Another suggestion I didn’t use the ability to store a password as plain text, but sometimes I used this functionality to display current password (in order to verify if is up to date).
    I think it could be interesting to implement this functionality (just display not store password as plain text…).

64. anonymouscommenter says:

Great tool, can we also get the ability to set the collection you wish to connect to… basically this line in a n RDP file…

loadbalanceinfo:s:tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.CollectionName

65. anonymouscommenter says:

There is a new web based tool http://www.deskulous.com. Managed rdc session from a web app and chrome..very cool

66. anonymouscommenter says:

I also experience the IPv6 issue with 2.7. IPv6 addresses are not supported any more 🙁 feels like a step back instead of forward. It would be great if either IPv6 addresses can be supported in the old way or surrounding them with brackets (like the browsers
    expect).

67. anonymouscommenter says:

Feature add: I realy would like to have an hotkey to set my session fullscreen. You can go fullscreen using the menues "Sessoin -> Full Screen" but hotkey would be perfect.

68. anonymouscommenter says:

You can circumvent the IPv6 connection problem by using an entry in your hosts file. I successfully tested this.

69. anonymouscommenter says:

Many thanks for a timely update. It seems to do everything I need.

70. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m a recent convert; this is a great utility, thank you for it! I think I’ve found a little bug, though, and I can reproduce it consistently: When I clear all the servers out of a group by using Delete, Enter repeatedly; I will then attempt to add another
    using Ctrl+A. As soon as I hit Ctrl, it gives me an unhandled exception. (I would get the same exception if I was trying to save with a Ctrl+S, or perform any other action.) If I add a server using the mouse and the menu structure, though, I can go back to
    using the Ctrl hotkeys. If I use the mouse and the context menu to remove the last server from the group, I can still use the Ctrl hotkeys without the exception. Here are the exception details:
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at RdcMan.ClientPanel.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

71. anonymouscommenter says:

I too used the "save pw in clear text" option to check things.

Would be nice to add colors to the text. It would help distinguish one server from another.

72. anonymouscommenter says:

Was I foolish to expect this install to work without wiping out my existing RDG file, as it was situated in my default-settings install of RDCMan 2.2? Was that too much to ask, for an install process to preserve the settings of a previous version by default?

73. anonymouscommenter says:

Mine installed correctly – no issues. However, how do you start an application like either an elevated command prompt or notepad as a simple. I read the help and it stated you have to have the console – so when running quser from the elevated prompt I
    have the console.

74. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you for the update was crashing on 2012 servers and the green check on the selected machine is very nice, was hard to tell what server it was on before.

75. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi, thank you, Rhoderick, Julian and David for this fantastic tool.
    After trying it over RDCMan 2.2, if I may, I’d like to bring up an issue I faced which wasn’t there in 2.2.
    That is, in full screen mode, the remote desktop screen is covered by the taskbar of my pc.
    I’m running Windows 7 Entreprise 64bit.
    From memory, the settings in RDCMan 2.7 are "Display settings:Full screen" and under another tab, scaling for both dock and undocked are both ticked. I’ve tried several permutations to no avail.
    Also, would you point me in the direction of how I can list remote sessions successfully?

Many thanks, and again, wonderful work!

76. anonymouscommenter says:

I like the feature which allows the RD to adjust the size to the client area size "Same as client area".
    However when I choose this option and I then go to Full Screen, the full screen is also only the size of the client area and not full screen. Is there a way to have a full screen in this case?

77. anonymouscommenter says:

When going full screen it keeps the resolution. It would be much nicer if it reconnected with the full resolution.

78. anonymouscommenter says:

One feature I would love to have is "Auto-reconnect". When I reboot a server (e.g. monthly security patching), it would be nice if RDCMan could be told to continually try to reconnect to the server so I know when it comes back up, so I can log back in
    and continue right away, without wasting time.

79. anonymouscommenter says:

Never mind… I just discovered the Reconnect Virtual Group. However, it would be nice to just be able to right-click on an existing server and select "Auto-reconnect" instead.

80. anonymouscommenter says:

Is it possible to specify /admin switch?

81. anonymouscommenter says:

Please bring back the ability to store passwords in clear text; or at least make it possible to open the rdg file containing encrypted passwords on multiple machines. I work with many clients. I run virtual machines on my system that vpn in to customer
    networks. I had been able to modify and share a central rdg file but now every time I spin up a new vm I get "problems decrypting some credentials." Great tool but this is a step backwards.

82. anonymouscommenter says:

Log off server/log off group isn’t working and is an old issue from 2.2 that’s still not fixed

83. anonymouscommenter says:

I found the problem with adjusting the resolution of the desktop in the client window annoying at first. The client would open at the native resolution of my screen rather than scaled to the area available. Using the scale option from the Display Settings
    tab resulted in a warped look. Then a colleague pointed out the "Same as client area" option on the Remote Desktop Settings tab. I’m back to normal now and everything is right with the world. Thanks for the tool.

84. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you! I’ve been waiting so long for this update.

85. anonymouscommenter says:

Any help with Connection Settings to start either a simple command prompt with a batch / script file or the start of Internet Explorer is appreciated – in the Start program I have IEXPLORE.EXE and the working directory C:Program FilesInternet Explorer.
    This isn’t working. Thanks. Bob

86. anonymouscommenter says:

I agree with Jerry Cote.
    I was expecting that since this was an update, that all my servers and groups would still be present.
    After the upgrade, I got a blank page and have to re-enter all my servers I connect to. I have well over 40 servers that I connect to (hence the use of this tool) which I now have to remember the names of to reconnect to them.

87. I suspect that the connection file was in the same location as the app Jim – is that correct?

That was the reason there is a note on the post:

Do not save your custom RDG files in the installation folder, just in case your local workstation dies and the file is gone. In addtion to this, upgrading the tool will typically remove the installation folder ths removing your .rdg file in the process. All
    your connections will be lost….

I always keep my .RDG files in a subfolder of My Documents, which is a redirected folder to a file server.

Cheers,
    Rhoderick

88. anonymouscommenter says:

Great tool, thanks!

89. anonymouscommenter says:

Very useful tool
    but since I use a laptop with win8.1 with checkpoint VPN, I can’t use it anymore!
    a classical rdp client work but it seems that rdcm cannot pass thought VPN

Any idea ?

90. anonymouscommenter says:

With the update, we lost the ability to interact with multiple computers at the same time. It used to be you could have 4 (or more) active screens being displayed by having a group selected, and clicking on them, no matter how small, would actually work,
    now it doesn’t. Any ideas on how to re-enable this particular feature?

91. anonymouscommenter says:

Ignore my previous comment, I found it by right clicking the top level in the tree, -> Properties -> Display Settings -> Allow thumbnail session interraction

🙂

92. anonymouscommenter says:

Really a nice tool which helps to manage multiple RDP connections, thanks to Julian Burger & David. In recent upgrade 2.7 option to add multiple servers from txt is no more. That option to add multiple servers names in txt is useful feature but now its
    became manually way to add 5 or more no of servers but in previously version its easy to add from txt file, if this option is brought back then it would be very useful.

93. anonymouscommenter says:

Worst tool. i am seeing client area size at 4 places. No clue which works. NO documentation.

94. anonymouscommenter says:

How can i change the screen size? I don’t want to scroll right and left.

95. anonymouscommenter says:

96. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi,

Trying to undock a windows on Windows 8.1 with display scaling enabled ends up throwing this exception. This doesn’t happen when I set the uncheck the flag on the app to disable legacy hi dpi support.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoScale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs levent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.set_AutoScaleMode(AutoScaleMode value)
    at RdcMan.RdcBaseForm..ctor()
    at RdcMan.ServerForm..ctor(Server server)
    at RdcMan.Server.Undock()
    at RdcMan.MainForm.b__3a(ServerBase server)
    at RdcMan.SelectedNodeMenuItem`1.OnClick()
    at RdcMan.RdcMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

97. anonymouscommenter says:

First big Thankyou,Error 3334 is gone, but there are new Errors.
    Undock is crashing and if you have more then 30 RDP Connection as Servers configured the Tool is soooooo slow

98. anonymouscommenter says:

I have .NET 4.6 RC installed and it crashes on startup. 🙁 Guess I’ll have to go back to 2.2 now.
    Where can I report this?
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: d676
    Additional Information 2: d676748cb25eaa9c3e8e56770c9cb426
    Additional Information 3: 0cbf
    Additional Information 4: 0cbf9b598a2b85990013d39829ad9899

99. anonymouscommenter says:

There is a big regression compared to the previous version on 4k screens, tested on windows 7 and windows 8.1:
    Unlike 2.2, 2.7 does not handle connecting from a **4k** display to a normal remote desktop display (~1280×1024): the text is much too tiny. (2.7 does fix the remote printing bug of 2.2, but the **display** in 2.7 is completely unusable). Moreover, 2.7 dialog
    boxes often have edges that disappear on a 4K screen, so you can’t hit ok or cancel. How do I fix this? thanks.

100. anonymouscommenter says:

To clarify: this occurs on every combination of windows 7 and windows 8.1 (all four combinations of remote and controller). It may be an issue with the "display settings" tab, "scale remote desktop" doesn’t seem to do anything.

101. anonymouscommenter says:

rtyerty

102. anonymouscommenter says:

To get remote session information, you need to be authenticated to that machine – RDCMan won’t do that for you (I think it just calls a Windows API which then uses whatever is stored in the credentials store). To get RDCMan to work with all your servers,
    you can do the following, in command prompt:
    >cmdkey /add:hostORip /user:thedomainnametheusername /pass:thepassword
    Ensure the hostname or IP you use is exactly as what’s stored in RDCMan.
    To test the above worked, try list the remote sessions yourself, as so, in command prompt:
    >query session /server:hostorIP

Disappointed that my migration from RoyalTs hasn’t been as smooth as I expected, but hopefully things will get fixed.

So a few further cmoments: yes, Full Screen mode is not quite right; scrollbars!
    In undocked mode, the menu bar is wasting space and cannot be turned off. Undocking, maximizing, then reconnecting, doesn’t quite size it properly leaving scrollbars.
    If you have a disconnected undocked window minimized, reconnecting it ideally should bring that window into focus; it’s worse though: the remote desktop session resolution is tiny, 100px square! Performing the same when window is not minimized, puts the resolution
    right.

Also found a problem whereby undocking then going full screen cuts a few inches of the viewable area of the remote session, and the right-hand-side vertical space that’s left behind is black.

When sorting is turned off, there isn’t a good way to re-organize the order. I worked around this by creating a group, dragging a bunch of servers into it, then re-added them in the order that I wish into the original group. You could also edit the XML 🙂

103. anonymouscommenter says:

It would be nice to restrict the program to only one running instance. I tend to not notice it running, then open up RDCMan again.

104. anonymouscommenter says:

Great update makes my life much easier!

105. anonymouscommenter says:

with this new version, can’t Adding Servers Manually with pattern for Display name. new added by pattern have always display name same as server name.

106. anonymouscommenter says:

In test lab environment RDCman opens right up when the Windows 7 client is in WORKGROUP. Once added to domain it takes 20-25 seconds to open? I have have also isolated client to not receive any group policies from domain, still has delay. I can remove
    from domain and put back in WORKGROUP mode and then it will fire right up again 2-4 seconds… Anyone got any ideas on what is causing this??

107. anonymouscommenter says:

So I get a new laptop and have to reinstall RDCman – W7 Enterprise / 64 – I brought over my .rdg file – getting the following errors – The following errors were encountered:
    Unexpected Xml node RDCMan/file/properties/logonCredentials
    Unexpected Xml mode
    RDCman/file/properties/connectionSettings, etc. etc. – this is a pretty big file
    It then says The file was not loaded completely. If it is saved it almost certainly means losing information. Continue?
    I can add servers, groups etc. without any issue – is there a size limit on my .rdg file? Only 2957kb.
    Thanks

108. anonymouscommenter says:

Why is support for IPv6 addresses removed, probably not on purpose. The real Problem seems to be a colon in the field Server Name. After the first group of digits the colon is a reason for a cut. To manipulate the hosts file is neither a solution nor a
    workaround. Will the new version of rdcman better maintained than the old one?

109. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you very much!!!!

110. anonymouscommenter says:

Why can I not see my local drives in the remote desktop environment? I have enabled the drives in local resources, but can’t seem them during a session. This worked in 2.2.

111. anonymouscommenter says:

The lack of scaling on High DPI is a REAL problem. Could you PLEASE fix this.

112. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello

I would like to know is it open source software?so that anybody can install for free of cost?

113. anonymouscommenter says:

To remove the scroll bars on my windowed RDP connections seemed to be related to importing my old RDP connection files.

From the top of each saved tree, properties, Remote Desktop Settings, uncheck Inherit…, choose Same as client area, click OK.

114. anonymouscommenter says:

I have noticed that if I am sharing the .rdg file between computers, this version will not allow the password to decrypt. Even if I save it as clear text. i can in 2.2 fine.

115. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks Shane, your solution works as charm!!!

116. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks a million boss.

117. anonymouscommenter says:

Rhoderick,

This tool seems potentially useful but very clumsy when attempting to enter fullscreen / undock, especially with multiple monitors.

If I have a different RDP connection on each of my monitors in fullscreen it looks terrible. The fullscreen clips parts off the server screen and the taskbar is invisible, as well as half of the upper "session / view" bar being visible. Additionally if I have
    a connection undocked and in fullscreen on one monitor, it will bleed over by about 20-50 pixels onto the adjacent monitor.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the next version.

Best,

Matt

118. anonymouscommenter says:

This release is a real regression from v2.2 . In that version DPI would scale appropriately on a high res screen but in this one it just passes through the native resolution of the monitor and is unusable.

119. anonymouscommenter says:

Going back to v2.2
    Its not possible to work with on a high DPI Monitor. A real regression as simon sad.
    Please fix it asap

120. anonymouscommenter says:

Thank you very much, this was long overdue.

121. anonymouscommenter says:

When will the restricted admin mode be supported?

122. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m using the excellent RDCMan 2.7 from diffent computers, why my rdg-file is placed on a file-server. No problem to open the rdg file for any of these computers, but evrytime I get the error message: There were problems decrypting some credentials and
    a list of logins to diffent domains, where I use different administrative accounts. Do anyone know how to share rdg files between your computers (some 32- others 64-bits)with persinstent passwords in RDCman 2.7?

1. Thorkild, did you ever solve the problem (of getting the error, “There were problems decrypting some credentials” when trying to share the .rdg file among multiple machines?

For any readers interested, he raised the question as a comment here a year ago (
      https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rmilne/2014/11/19/remote-desktop-connection-manager-download-rdcman-2-7/#comment-5), but I’ve not found any reply to him. Sorry if I’ve missed it or the solution in the 200+ comments here.

123. anonymouscommenter says:

Why does RDCMan 2.7 only made it possible using the session menu to sign off servers that have the same saved credentials as you use to run RDCMan; why does RDCMan not just use the username which is configured for the server (mostly inherited)?

124. anonymouscommenter says:

I think it couldbe an option in RDCMan to password or certificate protect the rdg files for better protecting it against misuse.

125. anonymouscommenter says:

@Thorkild Laursen
    Certificate protection is already possible!

126. anonymouscommenter says:

Yeah this is America, nobody reads. Assuming the fine print was STUPID!

127. anonymouscommenter says:

I am using dropbox to share the rdg files and ran into an issue with the default encryption settings. I have two machines, one my home machine is non-domain joined and my work machine which is domain joined. The default encryption settings used my logged
    in domain user credentials to encrypt the file. This would not work on my home machine which uses different credentials. Can RDCMan be updated to accept custom credentials?

Thinking I could solve this issue by using a certificate generated by my domain CA, I enrolled for a user certificate. RDCMan would not see the certificate in the user store. It turns out that the issue is that as the template was setup for Windows 2008 with
    CNG attributes as described in the following article, that certificate could not be used.

I simply duplicated the certificate template and selected Windows Server Enterprise 2003 Enterprise instead of 2008 and the certificate was now recognized by RDCMan and able to be used on both machines to encrypt the passwords. It would be nice if RDCMan was
    updated to support CNG as it’s been around since 2008 server now.

128. anonymouscommenter says:

Awesome! I love this tool, and the updates are greate! Just want to report a but that existed in 2.2 that is still present in this version. When right click a connected server and selecy Log-Off, you are force-ably logged of the *local* machine (that is
    running RDPMan)

Also I wanted to mention a solution to a problem I was having: I was connecting to servers and the RDP session would not re-size to the local client size, resulting in scroll bars. To fix, right click the root level of the server tree (the name of your RDG
    file) and select properties > Remote Desktop Settings. Uncheck "Inherit from parent" and check "Same as client area" (This will apply this setting to all your servers that have "inherit from parent" checked for RDP settings)

129. anonymouscommenter says:

Great application!

Please fix the memory leak.

130. Silvia Doomra [MSFT] says:

Thanks! This is a great tool..

131. anonymouscommenter says:

Can the DPI problem please be fixed… rolling back to 2.2

132. anonymouscommenter says:

if it helps anyone, with the full screen issue,

In remote desktop connection manger v.2.7 -> edit -> remote desktop settings tab -> click on Source: Default settings group -> select "Same as client are"

this fixed it for me

133. anonymouscommenter says:

This is a great product but I have one consistent problem. It is constantly hanging up and "Not responding" and it takes ages to end when killed from the Task Manager. The problem seems to occur more frequently as the time since the computer was rebooted
    increases. Does anyone else have this problem?

134. anonymouscommenter says:

It’s useless because it no longer allows you to scale to a size that you can see.

135. anonymouscommenter says:

Is it possible to enable [Windows]-based hotkeys to remote sessions in future versions?

136. geekgirl472 says:

Does anyone out there know a fix for this error when trying to connect? "Your credentials did not work: The credentials that were used to connect to (SERVER IP) did not work. Please enter new credentials."

I know as a fact the domain username and password are both correct. In fact, they are saved credentials that used to work in the past. This problem came up only a few months ago.

I’ve found fixes for RDP files, such as the command shown here,
    http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243121-mysterious-remote-desktop-failures.html, but not for RDG files.

Can anyone help? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

137. HeyAdmin says:

Ed Lewis: Thanks so much for pointing out the thumbnail interaction setting.

138. anonymouscommenter says:

Any chance you can add a feature to build the tree from SQL?

139. anonymouscommenter says:

Any chance we will get back the bulk import option? It was available via rt click drop down on the group "import" and made it easy to add a group from a text file.

140. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. Everything in my Remote Desktop Connection is very small. I can’t figure out how to adjust the settings to overcome the problem. I keep seeing suggestions but haven’t been able to make it work. Please help!!!!!

141. anonymouscommenter says:

Biggest issue I have with version 2.7 is that I can’t click on windows when looking at multiple rdg sessions. I was able to do this with version 2.2. I also hate that version 2.7 changes the rdg files so that if you try to open them with an older version,
    they become corrupt.

142. anonymouscommenter says:

I would be really nice if the tool didn’t use a lot of memory when connecting to a Windows 2012 R2 server. The tool consumes 1.5GB when connecting to 10x W2K12 servers simultaneously and it will eventually crash because of the memory limitation on 32bit
    apps.

As described here:

143. anonymouscommenter says:

@Delmiro
    Thanks but that does not correct the small font display regression in 2.7, at least not with 4K screens (Windows 7 and 8.x).

144. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello!
    What about license information for that product? I can’t simply download and install it in the company infrastructure without this formal agreement =

145. Is there something else that you need Alex above the license agreement displayed when you install it?

Cheers,
    Rhoderick

146. anonymouscommenter says:

Rhoderick, oh, sorry, my fault. You are right, license agreement is one of the installation step.

Thank you!

147. anonymouscommenter says:

In case it is not already mentioned, the only way I know to remove a profile from the default settings group is to manually edit the "RDCMan.settings" file in the "~AppDataLocalMicrosoftRemote Desktop Connection Manager" folder. It would be nicer if
    this could be done via the Options menu.

148. anonymouscommenter says:

Nice tool In principle but buggy! For some reason in my current environment when connecting to some servers it takes a while (a couple of minutes) for the keyboard to become active mouse works fine!

149. anonymouscommenter says:

RCDM is a great help for handling my business, but for the past months I ended having lots of bugs issue when I try using the recent versions. I thought I might consider asking some help from IT technical support team, but thanks for the instruction, I
    think I don’t have to spend much.

150. anonymouscommenter says:

I’ve been trying to determine the problem with all connections in RDC Man giving an "unknown disconnection reason 4". The server I am running RDC Man on is Windows Server 2008 R2 with mstsc.exe version 6.3.9600 and I keep getting the error. I can run RDC
    Man on my own workstation / Win 7 with mstsc.exe version 6.3.9600. Has anyone else encountered this?

1. Fred B says:

I had the same issue. Couldn’t figure out a cause but I removed the server and added it back in again: fixed

151. anonymouscommenter says:

v2.2 was very nice for scaling (QHD displays) and the ability to save passwords as text made the tool sync friendly (DropBox, OneDrive, Copy, etc). v2.7 does not scale well without fiddling with settings and the lack of plan passwords makes it unusable
    for syncing settings. I recommend staying with v2.2 for practical situations.

152. perfora says:

hi How can I see encrypted passwords.

153. anonymouscommenter says:

I have problems with the speed of starting Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7. It starting very slow, it takes about 30 seconds before the screen is showing. The server where it is starting has no internet connection and it is a member of a domain.

How can I speed this up?
    advanced thanks for the response

154. anonymouscommenter says:

Undock Issues with RDCMan V2.7. It invokes Unhandled exception. See details below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs levent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.set_AutoScaleMode(AutoScaleMode value)
    at RdcMan.RdcBaseForm..ctor()
    at RdcMan.ServerForm..ctor(Server server)
    at RdcMan.Server.Undock()
    at RdcMan.DelegateMenuItem.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(Object s, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

155. jstinebaugh says:

Are there any plans to make the source code available for this tool?

156. anonymouscommenter says:

how do we ask for feature requests or changes?

157. anonymouscommenter says:

so – apparently it’s not important to anyone to be able to full-screen their clients?? Tried everything… going back to previous version – 2.2. Just like Microsoft – each version GOES BACKWARDS.

158. anonymouscommenter says:

The BEST tool for Remote Desktop!!

159. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello guys! I have the above error just after to install the RDCMan 2.7:
    Error Reading RDCMan configuration file. Error loading configuratio file. Invalid IL. (C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319Configmachine.config) The Program may not be unstable and/or not fully functional.

How can i fix this?!

Thanks!

160. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi Rhoderick, thanks for the update. I’ve got a question though. On both version 2.2 and 2.7, I can connect to servers with no issue. On version 2.2, when I would connect and then have someone else connect using a 3rd party connection (teamviewer, vnc,
    etc), when they would move the mouse or type, those movements would stay inside the connection. On version 2.7, when doing the same thing (I connect, then someone else connects using 3rd party), if RDCMan has focus, their movements inside the connection will
    cause my local mouse to move. Any thoughts on this?

161. anonymouscommenter says:

This simply will not install for me. I’ve tried it on two Windows 8.1 machines. I run the MSI and it says it was successful, it shows in Programs and Features as version 2.7.14060, and the Application Log says it installed successfully. However, there
    are no folders under Program Files (x86). On one of the machines I had a previous version installed. On that machine it deleted the old folders and files, but did not replace them. The Windows Installer compatibility checker says it’s not compatible (for what
    it’s worth). I tried a repair install from Programs and Features, but got the same results. Same with uninstall/reinstall.

I’m baffled as to why I am seeing failure on two machines even though nobody else seems to be.

162. anonymouscommenter says:

Tried installing it on one of the machines using the built-in Administrator account, which made no difference. On the same machine I just installed version 2.2 without issue.

163. anonymouscommenter says:

Of course there’s a rational explanation for this. The install path has changed from C:Program Files (x86)MicrosoftRemote Desktop Connection Manager to C:Program Files (x86)MicrosoftMicrosoftRemote Desktop Connection Manager plus there are no shortcuts
    in the Programs menu. The combination of the two made me think it wasn’t installed. I suppose I’m the only one who didn’t know this.

164. anonymouscommenter says:

We use the smart card login method but to enable it you have to have a TS gatway server which we don’t use. RDCM is now nothing more than a repository of server names because of this requirement.

165. anonymouscommenter says:

Please Rush Development of a version that is supported in Windows 10

166. anonymouscommenter says:

Windows 10 breaks the custom client size setting – I’m always getting a remote session with my full screen resolution.
    Can somebody confirm or fix this?

167. anonymouscommenter says:

Does anyone know a way to disable that blasted Menu Bar on the top (with "Session" and "View" tabs) that appears whenever your rdp session loses focus (i.e. selecting anything on your other monitor when you have two monitors)? Everytime that bar shows
    up, it pushes my Start Menu and taskbar halfway off the bottom of the screen and I have to do a CTRL-ALT-Pause twice so that the "Session" menu bar disappears (until the rdp window once again loses focus). When you are consistently switching between rdp sessions,
    it is a major pain in the backside.

168. anonymouscommenter says:

I have to uninstall and go back to 2.2. This "Session" Menu Bar is significantly afftecting my productivity and is just too frustrating.

169. anonymouscommenter says:

170. anonymouscommenter says:

RDC crashes when connecting to a Xenapp 4.5 server running on WIndows Server 2003

171. anonymouscommenter says:

I just wish I could make the server tree a floating window on one of my additional monitors. Then this would be absolutely perfect.

172. anonymouscommenter says:

Is there a way to connect without pre-authentication? But not save credentials, I would like to be able to choose which user to connect with but not on the local client, I want to authenticate inside the remote session. As possible with .rdp by adding
    "enablecredsspsupport:i:0" to the file.

173. anonymouscommenter says:

i have same question as Anton. It would be really nice to find way to config rdg file as it was with .rdp (enablecredsspsupport:i:0)

174. anonymouscommenter says:

Never mind, I think I solved my own problem. I had to create a group called Main first, and now that I’ve got a group called Main, I can drag my rdc’s to that group and I can save the group. Without doing File|New and creating a Group, I was never able
    to save anything. Is that a design flaw? To me, I should be able to save my settings if I have 3 or 4 RDCs whether I have a group or not. Don’t you?

175. anonymouscommenter says:

I have the same question/request like Anton and Christopher: can we bypass pre-authentication (NLA) and add "enablecredsspsuport" to the RDCMan config?

176. anonymouscommenter says:

I’ve been using the tool for a long time, but the Sorting Option for Servers is not how I would like it. Consecutive numbers are sorted as in Windows Explorer (since RDCMan 2.2 I believe). This means that for instance SRV10A421 is listed above SRV109XYZ
    (because 10 is a smaller number than 109), where in normal alphabetical sorting it would be the other way around. Would it be possible to have an option for normal alphabetical sorting, of course also with the Connected Servers all the way up 🙂

177. anonymouscommenter says:

I can’t undock in 2.7. I get the following exception.
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
    Is there a workaround?
    Thx

178. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks for this wonderful application. It would be the greatest to have the following improvements:
    – information of the remote computers being on or off (network reachable or not).
    – local user messages readable from the rdp’s tree. (maybe through a plugin for rdpman and local applications in the managed computers)
    – state info (idle, being used, busy, etc.)
    – scheduler integrated with outlook to let users book for a computers time slot.

179. anonymouscommenter says:

We’re using RDCMan on UHD-Laptops with a Windows scaling of 200%. For this reason we cannot use RDCMan 2.7 because the content of the client window cannot be scaled and is much too small.

180. anonymouscommenter says:

Windows 10 build 10565 broke something. All the Windows 2003, and 2008 server work correctly, but as of the new build installed today, server 2012 R2 does not scale to window size or interact with the mouse and keyboard, and becomes completely useless
    for Remoting to Server 2012R2. So far this has worked through every build of windows 10 elegantly until now. Any ideas or fixes anyone know of?

181. anonymouscommenter says:

Scratch above comment. If you undock, then dock the server 2012R2 session, it goes back to a working state.

182. Zdenko says:

Does not support CredSSP
    I just created Virtual server at one data center. Local user is automatically created with option "Must change password at first logo on" When I try to log on for the first time I get following error: "Disconnected from… The user password must be changed
    before logging on for the first time".
    Luckily, MS RDP client works. I created rdp file and added line:
    enablecredsspsupport:i:0
    After it, I was able to log on and change password using RDP client.
    Remote Desktop Connection Manager should support it.

BR
    Zdenko

183. anonymouscommenter says:

Keeps getting better.
    Can you add 1password and lastpass support too?
    I’m getting old and can’t remember these things anymore…….

184. anonymouscommenter says:

I try to connect to windows 10/8.1 windows client by domain users account, when the UAC prompt up and I enter the user name , password. It not return to the windows and just show a secure desktop . just a backgroup and no response.I need reconnect to the
    client and it continue to run.is it a bugs?

185. anonymouscommenter says:

Will RDCMan be updated for Christmas 2015 with some bug fixing? …please 🙂

186. anonymouscommenter says:

Where can I find support or report a bug?

187. anonymouscommenter says:

With Windows 10 1511, scrolling etc. very slow.

188. anonymouscommenter says:

Julian, this is a great tool! Thanks so much! The only thing that this tool can’t be used for is copying and pasting files from to and from the local desktop to a RDP session. Can you add this feature?

189. anonymouscommenter says:

Just curious.
    At work we use RDMan to logon to all our servers.. great product.
    However, when we all use the same RDG file, if one person makes a change and then another saves after the change has been saved, it is gone.
    Is there a way to share the RDG file so that all modifications made are kept?

190. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks for this! I have been a long time user of version 2.2 for years. Needed this version to work with Server 2012 R2 after some updates.

191. anonymouscommenter says:

Any ongoing plan for a new release of RDCman?

192. anonymouscommenter says:

I’ve been happily using RDCman 2.7 on Windows 10 for months. Just upgraded to build 1511 and I’m having trouble with client screen size. The client image does not fill the available space, but the mouse behaves as if it does. If I reduce and maximize the
    app window, all is good, but only for that one connection and only for the current session. Has anybody else seen this?

193. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks a lot Julian and David!!!

194. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m seeing the same issue with Windows 10 Build 1511 as Joe. Any update coming soon to address this?

195. anonymouscommenter says:

is there a proper upgrade procedure from 2.2 that perhaps I didnt follow? I’m on windows 8.1 and somehow, both 2.7 and 2.2 are still simultaneously installed, but it’s not clear at all how that’s possible. I’ve scoured the system and only found one RDCMan.exe
    on the machine. some of my RDG shortcuts cause 2.2 to open, others 2.7. Any advice without nuking all my 2.2 config files?

196. anonymouscommenter says:

Windows 10 issue when I try to Undock.. is there a solution for this?

197. anonymouscommenter says:

Any chance of this going open source so we can contribute to its improvement?

198. anonymouscommenter says:

Only issue I have with RDC 2.7 is that when using the clipboard feature in local resources. It will sometimes randomly copy something to the server as soon as the mouse goes back into the server window or if you right click anywhere.

199. Dezinto says:

About client area resize:

Goto "Remote Desktop Settings" tab
    Choose "Same as client area"
    Inherit

200. Dezinto says:

About client area resize:

Goto "Remote Desktop Settings" tab
    Choose "Same as client area"
    Inherit

201. anonymouscommenter says:

Is it just me or does the jump list (from pinned TaskBar icon) not work properly?

202. anonymouscommenter says:

Sadly on Windows 8 and Windows 10 the undock feature doesn’t work for me!
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.LayoutContent()
    at RdcMan.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeededAutoScaleOnLayout()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs levent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.LayoutScalingNeeded()
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.set_AutoScaleMode(AutoScaleMode value)
    at RdcMan.RdcBaseForm..ctor()
    at RdcMan.ServerForm..ctor(Server server)
    at RdcMan.Server.Undock()
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

203. anonymouscommenter says:

This is such a great tool!! I have become so dependent on it and am both reassured and sad that I’m not the only one encountering the custom docked size issue with Windows 10. It seems to only happen when the remote host is 2012/8 operating level. Server
    2008/7 still scale okay but worse than the custom size just not working, it corrupts the bottom and right edge of the remote image and offsets the active mouse area. To Win10 users: the only workaround is to disable scaling (see
    http://i.imgur.com/jUb16Xx.jpg )

204. anonymouscommenter says:

The year 2015 is almost done, and 2016 is upon us! As in previous years , I thought it would be interesting

205. mads lomholt says:

Uh.. Great toll! Re-installing here and I cant find the installer. Following the link above to download gives me "can not find.." 🙁 Bingle found som downloads in the bushes, but I prefer from the provider. Any hints out there?

206. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello,
    Thanks for such a great soft. I am using V2.7 on Win7x64.
    Is there a limitation in creating cascaded server groups ?
    I have server groups where I cannot create any new sub-groups but, when creating new group-tree structure from master group, then I can then move them back …. ? Bug or feature ? lol 😉
    Cheers from Belgium

207. JSKY1 says:

I’ve been running this on Windows 10 x64 for some time without issue. Starting on 1-11-2016 when remoting to a Server 2012 server the display is covered in black blocks, the move when you hover your mouse over them but makes it hard to look at the screen.
    Same problem happens using normal RDP program but can be corrected if I disable persistent bitmap caching. Unfortunately I can’t find an option in RDCMAN to disable persistent bitmap caching. Anyone else experiencing this with server 2012 using RDCMAN or MSTSC?

208. anonymouscommenter says:

I recently started to have the following issue with Remote Desktop Connection Manager v 2.7: Every minute or so the connection is lost and then reestablished.

After sniffing with Wireshark I discovered that my computer after having a nice conversation with the server suddenly sends an RST packet for unknown reasons followed immediately by SYN, SYN/ACK, ACK (tcp reconnection).

I failed to find the reason so far. Does any one have an idea why RDCM suddenly drops the connection?

Connecting to the same server with Remote Desktop Connection instead of RDCMan works ok.

I described the issue on superuser here: superuser.com/questions/1012089/remote-desktop-connection-manager-drops-connection-randomly

209. anonymouscommenter says:

JSKY1 I have the same issue and disabling bitmap caching for MSTSC fixes it.

210. anonymouscommenter says:

RDCMv2.7 bug W8.1ProX64
    Secondary click any server>Undock>error
    Reinstalled OS/RDCM, remade .rdg, etc.

"There was an error saving your comment. (Please shorten the content to 3072 or less.)"
    BTW, *please* increase comment content size as it is way too small! X-(

Text replacement table :
    *=
    %=S.Ws.
    #=52
    !=file:///C:/
    -=-

6 Text
    S.NullReference6: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    @ R.ServerForm.OnSizeChanged(QArgs e)
    @ ZUpd@eB(# x, # y, # D, # H, # JD, # JH)
    @ ZUpd@eB(# x, # y, # D, # H)
    @ ZSetBCore(# x, # y, # D, # H, BX X)
    @ %F.Form.SetBCore(# x, # y, # D, # H, BX X)
    @ ZKC(SizeF G, BX X)
    @ %F.ScrollableC.KC(SizeF G, BX X)
    @ %F.Form.KC(SizeF G, BX X)
    @ ZKC(SizeF includedG, SizeF EdG, C requestingC)
    @ %F.NC.K(SizeF includedG, SizeF EdG, C requestingC)
    @ %F.NC.PerformAutoK(Boolean includedB, Boolean EdB)
    @ %F.NC.OnL(LQArgs e)
    @ %F.Form.OnL(LQArgs lQ)
    @ ZPerformL(LQArgs args)
    @ %F.NC.set_AutoKMode(AutoKMode value)
    @ R.RdcBaseForm..ctor()
    @ R.ServerForm..ctor(Server server)
    @ R.Server.Undock()
    @ R.Deleg@eMenuI.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(Object s, QArgs e)
    @ %F.TStripMenuI.OnClick(QArgs e)
    @ %F.TStripI.HandleClick(QArgs e)
    @ %F.TStripI.HandleUUp(UQArgs e)
    @ %F.TStrip.OnUUp(UQArgs mea)
    @ %F.TStripDropDown.OnUUp(UQArgs mea)
    @ ZWmUUp(1& m, UButtons button, # clicks)
    @ ZWndProc(1& m)
    @ %F.TStrip.WndProc(1& m)
    @ %F.TStripDropDown.WndProc(1& m)
    @ %F.N@iveW.Callback(5Ptr hWnd, # msg, 5Ptr wparam, 5Ptr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies
    mscorlib
    A V: 4
    Win2 V: 9.34209 Y
    O: ~/Framework64/v9/mscorlib.0

R
    A V: 2.7.1406.0
    Win2 V: 2.7.1406.0
    O: !Program%20Files%20(x86)/M/7/R.exe

S.ComponentModel.Composition
    A V: 4
    Win2 V: 9.34209
    O: ~/A/GAC_MSIL/S.ComponentModel.Composition/v4.0_4__b77a5c561934e089/S.ComponentModel.Composition.0

S

O: !Program%20Files%20(x86)/M/7/AxMSTSCLib.0

MSTSCLib
    A V: 1.0.0.0
    Win2 V: 1.0.0.0
    O: !Program%20Files%20(x86)/M/7/MSTSCLib.0

211. anonymouscommenter says:

Where can I get the old version. This is too buggie esp on windows 10. Poor resoultion, screens are not consistently sized right. Basically it stinks….

212. MaxFLipz says:

First, a big thank you to those who made RDCMan possible! I have noticed in v2.7 when adding a server, the number range option is no longer available as it was in v2.2 so to workaround this I simply renamed RDCMan.exe to RDCMan.old and used the v2.2 exe.
    However I lose the ability to remove servers from a group!

213. anonymouscommenter says:

Hello, I cannot do what I used to do before – i now have an unreadable sized font on my remote machine ! HELP ! Am connecting using a new samsung laptop to an older Dell desktop.

214. anonymouscommenter says:

I would also like the older version please !!

215. anonymouscommenter says:

As a general desktop setting I have enabled common clipboard with my pen desktop and it works fine. Whem I’m copying files from one server to another e.g. from test to production I ned the possibility to disable common Cli bord since it måske the copying
    processen very slow

216. anonymouscommenter says:

I want to change the default location when you click on menu file – open. Is it possible to do that?
    Cannot find any registry setting for this

217. anonymouscommenter says:

Cannot find any registry setting for this

218. anonymouscommenter says:

Does it support virtual channels? Can not get them to work….

219. anonymouscommenter says:

I’m not sure where I can report issues but can you stop it copying the errors to the clipboard on load please. We share the settings across multiple machines but it alerts about encryption errors when it loads and copies the message(s) to the clipboard
    which is pretty annoying.

Other than that it’s a great tool thanks!

220. anonymouscommenter says:

any change of looking at scaling? with the new 4K laptop displays, the RD sessions are very small to see and adjusting options do not yield proper viewing results.

221. Scott says:

This is great, but now I am getting destroyed by account being locked out when I mapped drives with a different password. I have about 100 servers that I connect to and it’s a pain to remember to disconnect drives. Any way to add an option to disconnect drives on logout?

222. anonymouscommenter says:

Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) is a very popular remote administration tool with Microsoft

223. BRent says:

Please make v2.2 available again. It’s needed for those with high resolution screens using RDP

224. Hi,

I have windows and Linux box’s in client place, Is there any way i can connect to Unix systems using RDCMan ??

225. Tyler says:

Is 2.2 still available? 2.7 does not scale resolution connecting from a high resolution device to one that isn’t. 2.2 is the only application I’m aware of that this works on. Remote Desktop Client doesn’t work at all – you can zoom, but there’s no scroll bar, so it ends up being unusable.

226. MIchel says:

Hi All,

Somebody know if this product is still being updated or is it an end of life product? because the last update is almost 2 years old

Cheers

227. Rupert Dance says:

This is a wonderful tool and I use it all the time. Thank you so much.

228. Dirk says:

This is a great tool. However I did find an issue that is a little annoying. When creating a “smart group” you have to create it at level 2 for the filter to work. As soon as you move it to level 3 it does not display the filtered servers. The reason for the level 3 move was to be able to create a level 2 that has the login credentials that I want. My level 1 has the overall defaults.

I was looking at smart groups to not have to define a server in multiple places as I need to connect to the same server with different roles.

229. Rich Weber says:

Will restricted admin mode work in this? If not now, will you enable support for it in an upcoming update?

230. Ron Schreur says:

Has anybody heart of a 2 minute timeout and logoff while using this tool?

231. Mark says:

Lost my rdg file. Guess I should have read all the other crap below the download button.

232. Marco Figueroa says:

Can you have multiple users/admins on the same channel, or would you have to log out to allow other users/admins to gain the same access that you had, and see what you see?

233. Micky Barber says:

I love using Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7, but I am a Lefty and when I connect to one of my servers, the buttons reverse. I’m not the only one that connects to these servers, so I can’t go in an swap the mouse buttons on all 15 servers that We connect to. Biggest pain is in that I use a Surface Pro 4 and the stylus becomes almost useless in a remote session. I have to go find a USB mouse to get anything done. Is there an easy way to address this?

234. Angie says:

Is it true that this won’t work with 64bit Win7?
    The edit button to add servers is greyed out. I don’t have the ability to save my connections. I can create on from the Session > Connect To – but when I close the program that connection is gone. Not even retained in Recent connection.

235. Martype says:

Why not making it open source, so people can modify and enhance it? I would love to be able to undock THE TREE, so you can put it on one screen and have full screen RDP sessions on another screen and easily switch between them.
    And of course the bug within the current undock feature should be fixed asap.

236. Troy says:

In the previous versions we were able to manipulate the systems we were connected to via the thumbnail. It was very handy to be able to click the same button in all servers I was connected to in one screen of thumbnails. With the new version (v2.7) nothing happens when you click inside the thumbnails now! Is there a fix for this to make it happen again? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

237. add support for enablecredsspsupport:i:0 would be really helpful! my environment has been plagued with show RDP connections on all 3 of our domains, this wasn’t an issue when we were on server 2003, but it’s there on all 2008 servers, for context, in out “test & Dev” environment; we’re not using the same GPOs.. and I don’t get this slow RDP on initial connect issue like I do in production.

adding this option “enablecredsspsupport:i:0” to the RDP file seems to have fix this issue!
    too bad I have 150+ servers… I need this option in RDP manager.

238. Karia Lee says:

A debt of gratitude is in order for this magnificent application. It would be the best to have the accompanying changes:

* Data of the Remote Desktop Support being on or off (system reachable or not).

* Nearby client messages coherent from the rep’s tree. (perhaps through a module for rap man and neighborhood applications in the oversaw PCs)

* State information (unmoving, being utilized, occupied, and so on.)

* Scheduler incorporated with a viewpoint to give clients a chance to book for a PCs time opening.

239. Gregory says:

Please Open Source this project

240. Zuoyin xu says:

This is really a useful tool, I have been using it for years. Thank you very much!
    Just one small suggestion: is it possible to set caption color when connect to different server. In our environment, there are development, QA and production systems. We should be very careful when doing with production systems. so it will be very helpful if can customize caption color!

241. Matthew J. Bobowski says:

Is there a 64-bit version of this tool? My virtual channels don’t work on 64-bit OS. They work fine on same OS with native Remote Desktop Connection client (mstsc.exe).

242. rob says:

2.7 is impossible to use. The screens are tiny on Hi Res Screens and although I can try and change the options to fix it there is no where to save the changes so it just ignores your attempts.