Updated Exchange 2010 SCOM Management Pack – June 2012

An updated System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Pack (MP) for Exchange 2010 has been released to the Microsoft download center.  This is build 14.03.0038.004 of the MP.

Edit 3-9-2012 Updated MP build 14.03.0038.004 released

EDIT 9-8-2012 – Updated MP build 14.03.0038.003 is currently unavailable due to an issue.

EDIT 8-8-2012  – Updated MP build 14.03.0038.003 released.

EDIT 27-6-2012  – NOTE that the MP is currently unavailable due to an issue.  Please see the comments

System Center Operations ManagerThe Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack includes a complete health model, extensive protocol synthetic transaction coverage, and a full complement of diagnostics-based alerts and service-oriented reporting, including mail flow statistics.  Alerts are classified by impact and recovery action, and are now processed by a new component called the Correlation Engine. The Correlation Engine suppresses duplicate alerts whenever possible to help front-line monitoring technicians monitor Exchange more efficiently.  Most diagnostic information used in the Exchange 2010 Management Pack, including events and performance counters, is specifically engineered for monitoring. Very little tuning is required to monitor your Exchange organization. The Exchange 2010 Management Pack will scale with your environment.

The Exchange 2010 Management Pack is engineered for organizations that include servers running Exchange 2010. It isn’t based on the Exchange 2007 Management Pack. Therefore, you’ll notice some differences in the way you deploy and configure the Exchange 2010 Management Pack if you used the Exchange 2007 Management Pack in the past.

Please ensure that you download and thoroughly read over the Exchange 2010 Management Pack guide before installing the Management Pack.  There are important considerations including:

• Running the Exchange 2010 Management Pack installation program installs a new Windows service component named the Correlation Engine service
  • Determine which machine will host the Correlation Engine service
  • Ensure all Exchange 2010 computers that are manager use LocalSystem as the Agent Action Account
  • Ensure that all members in a specific DAG are monitored
  • Ensure Exchange 2010 computers are allowed to perform Agent Proxy
  • Install required prerequisites

Technorati Tags: ,

1. anonymouscommenter says:

When you try to download it from systemcenter.pinpoint.microsoft.com an error page with the messages „We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.“ pops up.  Do you know where I can download it?

Is this MP fully supported in SCOM 2012?

2. anonymouscommenter says:

The MP had a bug, they have pulled it and re-post once its fixed.

3. Thanks for sharing folks !

If its not back in a couple of days, I'll see what I can track down.

4. I don't have an update to share right now.  The Exchange team has also published and articled on this issue

5. anonymouscommenter says:

Any ideas when this will be back up?

6. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi Paul

Not yet – I have been continuing to monitor but not yet I'm afraid.

7. Not forgotten about this – am still following up internally.

8. anonymouscommenter says:

Still waiting … …

9. anonymouscommenter says:

Exchange 2010 Official Management Pack is Not Available.

So… what so great about it?

10. anonymouscommenter says:

Please  let us know when the management pack will be release.

11. anonymouscommenter says:

Any update on this and when it will be released?

I have multiple clients requiring this as part of implementations !!!

12. Geoff Seddon says:

I rolled out scom 2012 and same problem cannot download the exchange 2010 MP.

13. Can you please validate if you can hit this URL?

Its working for me and I can download build 14.03.0038.003  of the MP

14. shashindra says:

Hi Rhoderick,

No, Its not working, getting again Sorry page

15. anonymouscommenter says:

Any update on a valid download?

16. I'm seeing comments in other forums around that it will not upgrade from a previous installed version to this one.  Hence the download is again suspended.

I'll if there is anything that I can share.

17. anonymouscommenter says:

I get the following

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found

18. anonymouscommenter says:

I have very much client waiting for this MP. any updates?

19. Hi folks,

Please see the update at the top of the blog – it is not available right now.

Am following/monitoring for release updates internally.

20. anonymouscommenter says:

Two months now?  Is Exchange management pack just been cancelled?  I've got a company converting from 2007 to 2012 SCOM waiting for weeks now.

21. Still looking out for updates on this, I have not seen anyone say that this is cancelled.

I'll certainly pass your comments on internally.  Can you also please update this thread here as that has direct visibility to the Exchange product team.

22. anonymouscommenter says:

I have an older version of the Exchange 2010 Management Pack and a SCOM 2012 environment with Exchange 2010 servers on SP2. Is there any issue with running this older Managment Pack until the SP2 Management Pack is up? Thanks for your help,

23. I'm not a SCOM ninja Josiah, but I have seen feedback from others saying that MPs from 2007 onwards will work on 2012.

You'd be better taking that to  SCOM TechNet forums!

24. anonymouscommenter says:

Guys new Version 14.03.0038.004 is online

25. Thank for the note Marc – I also saw the internal release this morning.

Have updated the start section to reflect this.

26. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks Milne….

its really workfull for me….

27. anonymouscommenter says:

hi how too monitor exchange 2012 with scom2012.i install management pack for exchange 2012 but in monitoring console and in exchange2010 server state ther is,nt any server name

28. Hi Amir – you will need the Exchange 2013 management pack.

Where did you get the management pack that you are currently using please?

(Note that the latest version of Exchange is 2013, and not 2012).

29. And if you have SCOM specific questions you could also suggest a post from my friend Michel – there is a contact button on his blog:

30. anonymouscommenter says:

I am struggling with the new MP. I am not getting any Database dismounted alerts. Can anyone assist?

31. Hi Rhoderick;
    Our SCOM 2012 R2 server running on platform Windows 2012 R2. Is Exchange 2010 SCOM Management Pack build 14.03.0038.004 released supported?

32. Hi Rhoderick;

33. Hi Mohamad,

Its the same MP for all versions of SCOM.

IIRC SCOM 2007 upwards can use this MP.

34. anonymouscommenter says:

Update: Management Pack was updated on 12th July 2013
    Update: Management Pack was updated on 28th