Lync for Mac 14.0.9 Released!

Announcing the release of Lync for Mac 14.0.9!
Here are some of the issues addressed within 14.0.9 (Please read the release KB for more information):
•             Substantial improvement in Desktop Sharing (~10x throughput improvement)
•             Top few Watson crashes fixed
•             Location Awareness (LIS server for location) implemented
•             E-911 support implemented
•             Ability to select video camera for calls (can change camera while in a call/meeting)
•             Warn users that contact list can’t be edited for UCS contacts
•             File transfer now works
•             Audio stutter fix when using 44100 sampling rate devices
•             Fix QOE blob so that QOE metrics are captured correctly at server
•             Bridge ACP calls so that Lync for Mac meeting experience will see ACP users in roster
•             Anonymous join now works
•             CVC version now has consistent numbering in Lync for Mac

1. Ed (DareDevil57) says:

Thanks, does it work on Mavericks?

2. John says:

Hi there, thank you for this. Not sure if you have come across this issue. I thought this update of Lync 2011 would fix it but does not seem to do this.

When sharing your desktop from a MAC (with retina display.) the remote attendees get a really really slow refresh rate.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be great.

3. Bill Oyler says:

Rich, I just upgraded to Lync 14.0.9, after performing the complete Lync "uninstall" procedure from the Microsoft KB, but I still get the "spinning ball of death" whenever I disconnect (red icon) from a phone call. The spinning ball locks up Lync for about
    a minute. This bug seems to have been around since at least Lync 14.0.5. Do you know when it will be fixed?

4. Marcus says:

Does this version work with MacOS Yosemite? The previous one did not, it connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects endlessly.

5. Keir says:

We are still seeing painfully slow screen shares with our retina Macbooks. The older models don’t have this problem.

6. Webb says:

I was excited to see the contact list issue fixed! Then I tried it and realized the error message just got updated. I’m disappointed to see that I still cannot use a contact list in Lync :-(. Searching for people to send them a message has gotten old.

7. Frank Stallone III says:

Maybe I can finally change the screen I am sharing the desktop for now. Perhaps that is part of the ‘substantial improvement in Desktop Sharing’ =)

Cheers!

8. Peter says:

After the update to 14.0.9 I get extreme delays/latency in the upstream – up to 5 sec.!!! delay. Screensharing (incoming) is painfully slow. Tried complete de-install and new install – no change. Windows Lync client on exact same network shows no such
    effects.

9. Jonas says:

Does not work with Yosemite BETA 1. It logs in and out after 1 sec-

10. Tom says:

Does anyone have information on the status of this issue ? i.e. can we assist somehow, like provide logfiles etc?

11. Vincenzo Morgante says:

On Osx Yosemite Beta 2 Lync disconnect immediately on login.

12. Dave says:

I am having a connection issue with Lync 14.0.9 on a new Mac (OS X 10.9.4). I receive an error when attempting to sign in while on the network at work (both wired and wireless). When I am anywhere else, sign on works with no issues. I even tried taking
    the domain out of the user name with no luck. I have never used any manual config with Lync. Any tips would be much appreciated.

13. Terry says:

Dave,
    This sounds like a firewall or proxy issue. Your might try to set the DNS name in the "bypass proxy" section of the Mac network parameters.

14. Terry says:

Webb,
    If you have your contacts rolled back from UCS mode, Lync for Mac will work for you. Your administrator should be able to roll UCS back for you.

15. Srini Manickam says:

Lync 14 is not able complete the login on the Mac OS X 10.10 preview 5 (Yosemite)

16. Pat Gardner says:

I just successfully used Lync on 10.9.4 while inside the corporate network where the Lync server is. Then i got all the above mentioned errors when I tried it outside the corporate network – even though the server is set up to allow users outside to use
    Lync.

17. Pat Gardner says:

Lync.

18. Dmitry says:

10.9.4 on Y 10.10 DP7. I’m able to connect and even make a call. Sharing doesn’t work. Sometimes messages are not reaching destination. Status display is wrong. Other parties see me as "Off line". When you open Preferences on connected Lync it’s crashing.
    Status: nearly unusable.

19. Andy Appel says:

Lync on Yosemite Beta crashed when opting preferences.

20. Zia says:

It does work. Thanks Tyler

21. Rob says:

Lync for Mac does not show list of meetings like it does for Windows. Am I looking in the wrong place to get the list of meetings or is this not a Mac feature?

22. Bill Oyler says:

Just a tip for anyone out there experiencing the "spinning beach ball of death" in Lync (especially when you receive calls and hang up calls). I had been experiencing this problem for well over a year, when I finally happened to disconnect the USB cable
    connecting my Mac to my Polycom CX600 desk phone. As soon as I did this, Lync became much more responsive and I have not had a single crash or "beach ball of death"! Moral of the story, the Polycom CX600 phone is completely unusable with Lync for Mac.

23. Devin says:

I am having no issues using Mac 2011 with CX600.
    Not sure how you were using the USB to tether because as far as I know, the USB tether is for Windows machines.