Lync 2013 September Updates
We recently released the September updates for Office including the Lync Client. Below are the links for both the 32 and 64 bit versions. We have fixed the issues listed in the KB articles below. Also included in this update are some new much anticipated features and one feature that was brought back after being removed (customer demand…we listen). Unfortunately this update breaks one thing which can be important which I want to make you aware of. If you have installed Office via C2R (Click-To-Run) you will get the updates automatically if you have updates turned on.
Download Update (15.0.4535.1002)
Presence Icon returns
Presence from Outlook\Exchange won’t update your Lync presence to “In a meeting”. As a workaround you can set your presence to “Busy” until this feature is fixed.
Fixes Included in this update
This update fixes the issue that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2880161 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880161 / )
You can't drag a contact from Lync 2013 to another application
- 2880163 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880163/ )
Proxy authentication dialog box appears when you sign in to Lync 2013
- 2880164 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880164/ )
Instant message sent from Lync Web App displays wrong symbols in Lync 2013
- 2880167 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880167/ )
Can’t sign in to Lync 2013 when a user logs on to a computer by using an account from a different AD forest
- 2882812 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2882812/ )
A proxy authentication dialog box appears when you upload a PowerPoint presentation in Lync 2013
- 2882813 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2882813/ )
Can’t sign in to Lync 2013 on a computer that is running Windows 7
- 2882814 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2882814/ )
Extended character is displayed incorrectly in a disclaimer in Lync 2013
- 2854650 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2854650/ )
You cannot start a collaboration application that is integrated with Lync 2013
To install this Lync 2013 update, make sure that the following updates are installed.