I did this already last year and will do it again just now: I am sitting in the keynote of TechEd EMEA and just wanted to make sure you get all the security-related (and just cool) announcements of the keynote as “real-time” as possible. In addition I am trying to give you my view on it as well as far as possible:
- We talked about Windows Server 2008 R2 and the corresponding Hyper-V implementation. One of the features we will introduce there is Live Migration which means the migration from one host to another without interruption. This is a feature a lot of customers are asking for.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager is introducing a feature called Performance and Resource Optimizer, which is an advisor to you which helps you to make sure you keep your SLAs and it helps you to make best use of your resources and helps you to do server consolidation
- In virtualization we will separate the applications from the OSs. So, you will have a vhd for the OS and a vhd for the application! That’s way cool if you think about patching and updating – that’s the way we look at the datacenter in the future.
- System Center will be extended past the Windows border to Linux, Sun OS, AIX… In order to do that we joined the OpenPegasus steering committee to work with them to leverage this code.
- We talked about Software and Services. Mainly we showed how to move part of your AD and Exchange to a managed online service.
In addition, not in the keynote, you can expect to see a lot of information on
- Our Security Intelligence Report v5
- Forefront Client Security v2
- Identity Lifecycle Manager v2