Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 will be available in the near future. Are you thinking about deploying these new operating systems? Get a head start with Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 Beta. Over 680,000 Microsoft customers and partners including Costco Wholesale Corporation, Continental Airlines, and Banque de Luxembourg have already downloaded and used this toolkit to date.
Introducing Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 is an integrated planning toolkit that makes it easier for Microsoft customers and partners to quickly identify what servers, workstations, and network devices are in their IT environment. This agentless and scalable toolkit has the ability to discover all computers within Active Directory and workgroup environments. It performs key functions that include hardware and device inventory, hardware compatibility analysis, and generation of actionable, environment-specific IT proposals for migration to most major Microsoft technologies.
What’s New with v4.0?
Version 4.0 of this toolkit has the following new features:
· Windows 7 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
· Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
· Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V R2 Server Consolidation
· Integration with the Microsoft Integrated Virtualization ROI Calculator
· Inventory of VMware Server Hosts and Guests
· User Interface and Proposal Customization for Partner co-branding
· Enhanced Usability and Improved Inventory Performance
Next Steps--How can I get Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 Beta?
· Download Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 Beta and give us your feedback (Live ID login and registration required)
· View the Webcast on MAP Toolkit 4.0 Beta (use Recording Key: fqX`%3t.X)
· To provide technical feedback on this Beta, please e-mail at MAPSBETA@microsoft.com