I came across another good abstract from getAbstract.com. This book is called Execution Plain and Simple, Twelve Steps to Achieving Any Goal on Time and on Budget by Robert A. Neiman. If you are embarking on a service improvement project, in particular one that is more prescriptive with MOF, then follow the Microsoft Solutions Framework to manage the project and take the advice in this book for the “people” and “motivational” help.
It focuses on the following:
- Setting well defined goals
- Personal responsibility can never be replaced by tools
- Communicate assignments clearly to the project team
- Selecting the right balance and personnel for a core project team is critical
- Build momentum with quick wins
- Document and honestly review your successes and failures
This book helps you understand how to follow a 12–step strategy for getting big tasks done, how to target untapped reservoirs in an organization, and how to strategize and accomplish projects.