Microsoft occasionally offers promotions on license-based subscriptions, allowing you to pass the savings on to customers and grow your business.
Microsoft offers two kinds of promotions; those available to all eligible partners in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, and those available only to partners in a particular geographic region.
Promotion pricing is automatically applied to your net price when you purchase new subscriptions at the promotion price. In addition, any licenses you add to a subscription purchased with promotion pricing are added at the promotion price.
Take a moment to review these important facts about promotions:
- A subscription’s promotion price applies only for the duration of the subscription. When a subscription you purchased with promotional pricing expires, the renewal subscription’s price reverts to the price in the price list. This means that any subscriptions set up for automatic renewal will renew at the prevailing price. You can find the price list on the Pricing and offers page.
- If a subscription is eligible for multiple promotions, the promotion with the highest percentage off is automatically applied.
- Cancellations of promotion-priced subscriptions follow the same process and policy as regularly-priced subscriptions.
See available promotions
You can see which promotions you’re eligible for, if any, on your Promotions page. Select Promotions from your Dashboard menu to see a list of current promotions, along with the discount, promotion type, and start and end dates for the subscription. If no promotions are available, you'll see a message indicating this.
You can also see promotions when making a purchase. When you select a subscription, the promotion pricing appears on the Review page.
Purchase subscriptions at promotion prices
- On your Dashboard menu, select Customers and then select the customer who’s buying the subscription.
- Select Add subscription.
- On the New subscription page, select the subscription the promotion applies to.
- Enter the number of licenses the customer needs.
- Review the order. You'll see the promotion pricing that will be applied in the Discount column.
- select Submit to purchase. Your customer will see the promotion price on their next bill.