Our friends over at the Inside Windows Phone team posted a blog last week that we'd encourage partners to spend 12 minutes with. it is a nice introduction into how Windows Phone (and Windows 8) apps can fit in Enterprise (and most all) customer scenarios. If your customers are asking questions or you just want to know more, this is a great use of your time.
Here are links to some resources that go more in depth on the topics discussed in the video.
From Tech Ed North America 2014
- Rob Tiffany on Windows Phone Enterprise Development, (The Phone That Has Everything the Enterprise Needs: Windows Phone 8).
- Alan Meeus on Windows Phone Security, (Mobile Security in the Enterprise: Windows Phone 8 Answers the Call)
- Matthias Shapiro on Building for Both Windows and Windows Phone, (Build it Once for Both: Writing Code and Designing for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8)
- Rob Tiffany on Large Scale Enterprise Apps, (Developing Large-Scale Enterprise Mobile Apps for Windows Phone 8 and Windows Tablets).
- Robert Hoover on App Management, (Manage Windows Phone Enterprise Apps)
- Andy Wigley on SQLite for WP 8 Development, (Support your Demanding LOB Apps with SQLite and Windows Phone 8).
From the official developer documentation
- Security for Windows Phone
- Company App Distribution for Windows Phone
- Validation of Company Accounts