Due to the high number of registrations for Operation Azure we’ve increased the number of available registration slots. So, if you have not registered yet for the training that begins next week, there is still time. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to build your skills on Windows Azure.
Operation Azure: Infrastructure as a Service
8 Week Virtual Training Program
October 4 thru November 29, 2013
What is Operation Azure:
An innovative eight week progressive readiness program that combines deep technical (300 level) content along with Sales readiness to prepare the Practice Leads, Solution Architects and/or Delivery consultants to sell and deliver Azure Infrastructure solutions to their customers. Operation Azure is delivered by Windows Azure MVP’s – so you can expect a practical, consultative approach to this training. Operation Azure will start with an overview of the platform but will transition into a more scenario focused approach on how to design and deploy the most common customer requested solutions.
You should expect a 4-5 hour time commitment per week. This includes pre-reading, attending the live webcast, participating in the community (Q&A) and lab work. Prior to attending the first session it’s highly recommended that you get your Azure IaaS subscription setup. If you don’t already have one – you can sign up for a free trial here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/ You get $200 credit for your first month. Expect to run 2-3 VM’s per week (you are not ‘charged’ for VM’s that are not running) for the lab work.
Feel free to pass this invite along to others in your organization who would be interested in attending. Seating is limited so be sure to register as soon as possible.
· 90 minute training webcast per week
· Up to 4 hours of homework (reading, labs/exercises, participating in ‘office hours’ with the instructors, etc…) per week
· Leverage expertise of Windows Azure MVP’s
· Guest speakers from the Windows Azure Product Group
· Learn about the key components and services surrounding the Windows Azure IaaS
- 300 Level Technical presentations
- In-depth product demonstrations
- Best practices on how to implement technology for customers.
· Learn about the best ways to sell the Windows Azure platform to customers
- Learn how to best engage with MS Field
- Dealing with objections
Note that this is still being finalized and subject to change
1 Introductions, Course Overview & Azure IaaS Overview
2 Azure IaaS Networking – Best Practices and Common Implementation Scenario’s
3 Active Directory in Azure – ADFS, SSO, AD on premise vs. AD in Azure and best practices deploying AD in Azure
4 Connecting Azure PaaS applications to IaaS
5 Scenario: Implementing Test & Dev in Azure IaaS
6 Scenario: Deploying SQL Server & SharePoint in Azure IaaS
7 Scenario: Azure IaaS & Office365
8 Monitoring and Managing Azure IaaS with System Center (and other tools…)
* *Register now**
When: Once per week @ 11a CST between October 4 to November 29, 2013 (we will not have a session the week of thanksgiving)
Where: Virtual/Live Meeting
Who Should Attend: This program is intended for Practice Leads, Solution Architects, Developers or other individuals that are new to the Windows Azure Platform and will be responsible for selling and/or building custom software solutions on top of the Platform.
There will be limited slots available for this program and therefore we will be looking for registered attendees to commit to regular/active attendance to webcasts and completing all homework assignments on time.
· Registration will require you be a member of the Microsoft Partner network, make sure your Microsoft Account/Windows Live ID is associated with your organization. Find out more here. Association may take 48 hours to process.
· Please do not register on behalf of someone else – please associate the Windows Live ID first then register for training. Find out more here.
If anyone on your team has questions please feel free to reach out to us directly at OperationAzure@microsoft.com