crosspost eines Blogeintrages von http://blogs.msdn.com/annali/:
"...we’re extremely proud to announce that the www.microsoft.com site is running 100% on our next generation web platform!!"
For those of you curious about the scale and availability of www.microsoft.com:
- Availability YTD – 99.83% (Measured by Keynote Systems, Inc.)
- 0% Impact to Availability during upgrade to Beta 3
- 99%+ of hosted App’s upgraded without any change required
- Audience Reach - #4 in U.S (65M UU) & #5 worldwide (287M UU)
- Hosting Model –2 Internet Data Centers & 80 Web Servers
- 500+ Vroots, 350+ IIS Web Applications & 12 Application Pools
- 10,000 Requests/Sec & 300,000 Concurrent Connections
Mehr zu Windows Server 2008 später in diesem Blog..