Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Project and Project Server 2007 are now released and can be found at:
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 3 (SP3) and 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack (SP3) 2526086 ***Update 2526299 (Thanks Andre and Alex for the correction)
- Office Project 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) and of Office Project Language Pack 2007 SP3 2526091
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) and of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP3 2526305
For full details and more specific link see the Office Sustained Engineering blog at http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_sustained_engineering/archive/2011/10/25/office-2007-and-sharepoint-2007-service-pack-3-availability.aspx
*** Update – just heard there are a couple of issues being investigated with the 2007 Office packages – this affects the MOSS Server package 2596540 (which is the roll up that also includes the Project Server 2007 fix below), and a Project 2007 fix that was specifically aimed at implementations of Project 2007 and Office 2010 where Visual Reports would not work. Also corrected the description below from 2010 to 2007 – sorry… Both of the updates below are unaffected. *** All affected updates have been re-released 11/1/2011
The October 2011 Cumulative Update for Project and Project Server 2007 can be found at:
- Project Professional 2007
- Project Server 2010 2007
A few answers to questions I’m am sure are on the tips of your tongues (as we have all been asking them internally)
- SP3 does not contain the October CU, but contains all fixes up to the August 2011 CU – so to get fully up to date you need to load both SP3 and the October CU.
- SP3 contains all of the fixes previously released via cumulative updates up to and including the August 2011 CU plus any applicable security fixes released. If you are up to date with updates and CU’s then SP3 will not be adding anything you don’t already have.
- October CU and SP3 can be loaded in either order – and for the server you could add both before running the configuration wizard.
- You do need to be at least at SP2 to load the October CU – or preferably SP3
Thanks to Rob and Adrian for the information – and Adrian and I (mostly Adrian) will include SP3 in our regular Cumulative Update webcast – 11/8/2011.
Here’s the URL for the 11/8/2011 8:00:00 AM – Information about Microsoft Project and Project Server October 2011 Software Update
There is a slight delay in the release of the 2010 Cumulative Updates for October 2011 – more information as soon as I have it.