Great News! The latest Cumulative Update (CU) has been released: April 2010. This include a number of fixes, so Microsoft strongly recommends that you test this in a test environment based on your production environment before putting this fix live in production.
The article below provides information on how to deploy the Project Server Cumulative Update: Deploy cumulative updates (Project Server 2007) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd239177.aspx
We strongly recommend that you install WSS and Office Servers 2007 Service Pack 2. The KB articles below provide information on how to download and install SP2 if you have not already done so.
- Description of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2 and of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953338
- Description of 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 and of 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953334
- Description of Office Project 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and of Office Project Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953326
The server patches require that WSS and Office Servers 2007 SP1 be installed. For clarity, SP1 is required and SP2 is strongly recommended. Here are the links to the SP1 Server Patches for your convenience:
- Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 1 and the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936984/en-us
- How to deploy the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 1 and Office Server Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945013/en-us
The Server CU is released in two different versions. The first version is in Individual Packages specific to a particular product like WSS and Project Server. These are smaller downloads but they do not include language packs or patches for other products so patches for those products would have to be downloaded and installed separately.
The second version is the Server Rollup Packages. This is a set of two rollup packages which contains all the fixes for WSS, Project Server and MOSS. These packages should be used when MOSS is part of the deployment and/or you have language packs installed. The Server Rollup Packages are much larger (~200MB each) but they will greatly simplify MOSS patch deployment.
You can read about the fixes included in the April CU from the following articles:
Note: There may be a few day delay before all of the articles are published. You can download the CU files through the links at the end of this email should the articles not be available when you click the link. This will give you a head start on testing the patches in preparation for deploying them into production.
Also check this blog post for more information: February 2010 Cumulative Update (CU) for Project Server 2007, Office SharePoint Server 2007, WSS and Project 2007 now available!
Following a two month cycle, next Cumulative Update is due at the end of June 2010.
Server Rollup Packages:
- Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (WSS server-package): April 27, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981043
- Description of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (MOSS server-package): April 27, 2010 (This includes Project Server 2007 CU): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981042
Individual Product Packages:
- Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server hotfix package (Sts-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981040
- Description of the Office Project Server 2007 hotfix package (Pjsrvapp-x-none.msp, Pjsrvwfe-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981044
- Description of the Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 Cumulative Update server hotfix package (Pps2007-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981979
- Description of the Project 2007 hotfix package (project-x-none.msp): April 27, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981732
In order to install this hotfix, you will need to have Microsoft Project 2007 SP1 installed on the client. The article at the URL below contains information on how install download and install SP1 should you not have it installed already.
Note: We strongly recommend that you install Project 2007 SP2 from the information earlier in the article.
- Description of Project 2007 Service Pack 1 and of Project Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937154/en-us
Once we know that SP1 is installed, you will install the hotfix by performing the following steps:
NOTE: Microsoft strongly recommends testing within a NON-Production environment prior to rollout.
- Download the hotfix from either the KB Article or by using the information at the end of this email.
- Extract the patch package by running the .exe file that you downloaded.
- Run the extracted .exe file to apply the patch to your Project Professional/Standard SP1 client.