The IaaS PLA Fabric Architecture guide covers common elements in hybrid cloud fabric design: compute, network, storage and virtualization. It defines clear design patterns for customers to follow when building hybrid cloud fabrics using Windows Server and Microsoft Azure.
The IaaS PLA Fabric Management Architecture guide covers the architecture and capabilities provided by the System Center components focused on supporting IaaS solutions including VMM, Operations Manager, Service Manager, Orchestrator, App Controller, SPF, SMA, Service Reporting and Windows Azure Pack.
The IaaS PLA Deployment guide covers a comprehensive end-to-end solution-level deployment of System Center using the aforementioned components. We have several previously published releases of the IaaS PLA guides which support Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 and System Center 2012 SP1. The latest release wave supports Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure.
- Provide a technology definition that helps you understand the capability and how it is supported by Windows Server, System Center or Microsoft Azure
- Help you arrive at a design based on your needs through the use of clearly defined design patterns
- Form the basis for MCS and Partner engagements as well as other programs, such as Fast Track
You can download the PLAs today from the TechNet Gallery:
- Infrastructure as a Service Product Line Architecture-Fabric Architecture Guide
- Infrastructure as a Service Product Line Architecture – Fabric Management Guide
- Infrastructure as a Service Product Line Architecture-Deployment Guide
- Infrastructure as a Service Product Line Architecture – Consolidated Set
Let us know what you think of the PLAs! You’re welcome to write to me at email@example.com and I’ll get your feedback to the right people.