PowerShell Deployment Toolkit version 2.5 has now been posted to the TechNet Gallery here. Version 2.5 adds a number of enhancements:
- Deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Preview.
- Creation of Active Directory during VM creation for end to end isolated environment creation.
- Static ports for SQL Server named instances to remove requirement for default instances for several components.
- Validation of components that require full server installations and won’t run on server core.
- Ability for VMCreator to use either 7-Zip or WinRAR instead of just WinRAR.
- Ability to specify network adapter identifier during VM creation to allow Windows Server 2008 R2 and non-English OS installation.
- Ability to specify timezone during VM creation.
Several of the above will the topics of further blog posts in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!