I am excited to announce the release of my Example Runbooks for Hyper-V Replica (and beyond!)
What is included?
- 56 Example Runbooks!
- The Runbooks target Windows Server, Windows Server Hyper-V, System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Service Manager, and Exchange
- 2 Specific Example Demo Scenarios
- One with other System Center 2012 SP1 components (besides Orchestrator)
- One that is simply Orchestrator + Hyper-V Replica
- Dozens of other potential Demo Scenarios
- The majority of the Runbooks included are “Sub-Routine” type Runbooks, which are generic atomic processes that cover a variety of Virtual Machine, Hyper-V and System Center 2012 SP1 tasks
- Release Notes / Pre-Requisites (.docx)
- Runbook Listing (.xlsx)
- Video Demonstration! (see below)
- External References
- Hyper-V Replica PowerShell CMDLETS by Hyper-V.nu
- Demonstrate Planned Failover in Hyper-V Replica by TechNet
- Types of failover operations in Hyper-V Replica–Part I – Test Failover by Manoj Jain
- Types of failover operations in Hyper-V Replica–Part II – Planned Failover by Manoj Jain
- Types of failover operations in Hyper-V Replica–Part III – Unplanned Failover by Manoj Jain
- Customizing The Key Value Pair (KVP) Integration Component by Taylor Brown
- Inject IP address into the VM during failover by Praveen Vijayaraghavan
What is it? Show me the Demo!
Useful Video Timestamps:
- 00:00:00 – Intro Slides
- 00:00:52 – Setup/Configuration Instructional Demo
- 00:07:07 – Actual Demo of Orchestrated HVR Planned Failover and Runbook Walkthrough
- 00:24:49 – Summary
NOTE: The PowerShell Script mentioned in the video exists within the Release Notes / Pre-Requisites documentation included in the download.
Where can you find all this stuff?
TechNet Gallery, of course!