We’ve just released some new research conducted for Microsoft by Cross-Tab Marketing Services & Telecommunications Research Group. The survey of 505 parents of 5-18 year-olds, and 495 educators from middle, junior and high schools in the U.S. was conducted online between September 21st and October 4th, 2010.
The survey found that while most are concerned about cyberbullying, our research suggests they could be more proactive about their involvement with the issue.
· 3 in 4 parents are very or somewhat concerned about cyberbullying.
· 3 in 4 educators believe cyberbullying is a very or somewhat serious problem at their school.
· Educators consider cyberbullying (76%) as big an issue as smoking (75%) and drugs (75%).
· 2 in 5 parents report their child has been involved in a cyberbullying incident.
· 1 in 4 educators have been cyber-harassment victims.
Download the Executive Summary or PowerPoint presentation for more information.
· Parents and Educators Cyberbullying Survey - PowerPoint presentation PPT