October 2012 Cumulative Update Package for WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 have been released
Note This is build 12.0.6668.5000 of the cumulative update package
October 2012 Cumulative Update Package for SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010 have been released
Note This is build 14.0.6129.5000 of the cumulative update package.
Important: SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 is a pre-requisite to install this CU.
After installing the updated you should run the SharePoint Config Wizard in every server of the farm.
After you install this hotfix, you must restart the User Profile Synchronization service for profile synchronization to function correctly or follow these steps:
- Go to the Central Administration page.
- In the System Settings section, click Manage Services.
- In the list of services that is displayed, find the User Profile Synchronization service, and then click Stop if the status of the service is Started. As soon as the status is Stopped, click Start, and provide the credentials to start the User Profile Synchronization service.
For more information about how to start the service, go to the "Start the User Profile Synchronization service" section of
How to configure profile synchronization in SharePoint Server 2010
Note: If SharePoint Server 2010 update is installed then you do not need to install the SharePoint Foundation 2010 update as it is included in the Server 2010 update.
For more information, see
- Updates for SharePoint 2010 Products
- Updates for SharePoint Products and Technologies (WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007)