Update rollup 2 for AD FS 2.0 is now officially available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681584 for all 18 languages that are supported by AD FS 2.0.
This update rollup includes the hotfixes and the updates that fix 4 product issues and add 1 new capabilities to the product (see summary list below or see KB article above for more information).
- Issue 1: There is a reliability issue in AD FS 2.0 in which AD FS 2.0 Federation Service stops responding to requests in certain cases, especially when there is a large load on AD FS 2.0 federation server or federation server proxy. This issue can occur in both federation passive and federation active scenarios.
- Issue 2: The whr parameter that is specified by an application for a home realm discovery scenario overwrites the previously set home realm discovery cookie. This causes a user to be redirected to a different identity provider that the user cannot use to sign in when the user uses a different application.
- Issue 3: The AD FS 2.0 service stops unexpectedly when a valid certificate is set to the archived state
- Issue 4: When you add an AD FS 2.0 federation server to a Windows Internal Database (WID) farm, you receive an error message. This issue occurs when the federation server is in a time zone that is later than the primary federation server in the WID farm.
- New capability 1: AD FS 2.0 does not fully support the RelayState parameter for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) protocol. The Update Rollup 2 for AD FS 2.0 update adds a new capability that enables AD FS 2.0 to consume relay state in order to redirect the user to the RP application.
For more information, please see