Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium includes SQL 2008 Standard Edition for Small Business (http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/small-business.aspx). This version is feature by feature the same as SQL 2008 Standard with the difference that it must be installed in an Small Business Server domain or, if purchased separately, an environment with certain characteristics. But, what does that mean?
SQL 2008 Standard for Small Business is supported for installation in a small business domain, which includes installing on one of the following Windows Server® 2008 editions:
- Windows® Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server® 2008 Standard (must be configured in a
small business domain configuration). To install this product on Windows Server 2008 Standard edition, the server must be joined to a Small Business Server 2008 domain or a domain that has Active Directory configured in the following way:
- It must be joined to a domain where a single server in the domain must contain all the flexible single master operations (FSMO) roles and is the root of the Active Directory forest,
- The domain cannot have trust relationships with any other domains,
- The domain cannot have any child domains, and
- The sum of user and device licenses in the domain cannot exceed 75.
- The customer may not run instances of the server software, separately licensed or otherwise, at the same time in another operating system environment within the same domain.
SQL 2008 for Small Business can be installed only on:
· SBS 2008 OS SKUs like
o Windows Small Business Server 20082
o Windows Server 2008 for Windows Essential Server Solutions2
o Windows Server 2008 without Hyper-V for Windows Essential Server Solutions2
· Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition.
For More information please review: