I have just put here (see attachement) an english version of the second part of the demo I did the 2nd of October for the SQL Server 2008 Launch. Video (in french but with the full demo) can be seen here : http://www.microsoft.com/france/Vision/MsDays/webcast.aspx?EID=4d5aa109-73cb-449a-84b9-b610e862bff9
This demo consisted on three parts :
- setting up a filestream table and database
- loading it with media (videos and text) files stored on a directory using a powerShell script
- creating a full text search index on the text doucments
then I was able to demonstrate :
- File streaming of video files
- Full-text search on textual files (including .txt, .docx, .doc, .pdf - corresponding iFilter installation is needed for this part to work)
For video files, I am sure you can find any on your disks.
For text files, you can find great books here in electronic format : http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
Here are some sample full-text search requests you can issue on documents store using the FILESTREAM mode :
- Files wtih the word "Paris"
- Files with the words "fenètre" and "fenêtre" (aka window)
- Files with the words "église" and "church"
- Files with the words "fenêtre" and "church" with several weights