Mission Building Tips Article

After a bit of wrestling, I think this is now the correct link to get to the article in question…

Considering this article will likely end up on fsinsider, please don’t re-post it, but feel free to link to it if you find it useful.

Well if it works for you, I won’t argue, but it’s not supposed to 🙂

Thanks I’m sure you don’t spend too much time here as there is so much else to read and do.

Sorry you didn’t re-post whatever your comments were on the subject of combat. Maybe it was similar to other comments already there…

Archtx, I think the failing parameter is another one of those that was working at one time and then was abandoned but not removed from the tool.

To get something partially failed it’s easy to just set the health % and have multiple failure actions to ratchet it down (so to speak). I did this in the amazon mission by reducing health of the engine first and then causing a catastrophic failure.

Of course some things like radios are not conducive to partial failures…

Good stuff Paul…. Nina asks what the heck I am reading in bed every night….

Another item I am curious about. Can you explain the difference between "failed" and "failing" in a failure action? I assume "Failing" is a gradual failure, but no idea of the mechanics of it.

Oops. I forgot Paul… actually it was not quite the same….. I’ll put it in an email to you…. typing on-lkine often ‘gets’ to me 🙂

Another question, this time regarding property triggers. I tried setting a property trigger condition with a latitude "AND" a longitude, thinking that if both conditions are met it would fire. It works with either single condition, but doesn’t want to fire with both conditions. Any ideas?

Great info!

I do find myself in the awkward position of disagreeing with one bit of info. I believe a one-shot proximity trigger WILL give you an on enter action as well as an on exit action. I used that with my first mission (Argentine Ski Trip).