These are the instructions to connect your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account with Microsoft Online Services. BIS only provides Email synchronization with Exchange Online.
1. Goto your wireless provider BIS site. Click on "Setup Account".
2. Enter your EMail address and password.
3. At this point, the autodiscover for BIS prompt for more information. Select the radio button that says "I will provide the settings to add this email account" and then click "Next".
4. On the "Select Account Type" screen, select the "This is my work email account" radio button, and click "Next".
5. On the "Set Up An Existing Work Email Account" screen, select the Outlook / Exchange "I can access my email account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access)" radio button, and click "Next".
6. Enter the OWA URL for your location.
For "User Name", enter the email address you use to sign in to Microsoft Online Services.
For "Password", enter the password you use to sign in to Microsoft Online Services.
For "Email address", enter the email address you use to sign in to Microsoft Online Services.
For "Mailbox name", leave blank.
7. Your Microsoft Online Services Email account should now be successfully added to your list of "Valid Email Accounts" for Blackberry Internet Service.
8. A new mailbox will appear on your Blackberry in a short while.
The BIS infrasturcture is run by Research In Motion and your Wireless Provider, and may be subject to change.
BIS provides Email connectivity only.