With Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager connections to other Enterprise Management (EM) tools or Service Desks are now provided via System Center 2012 Orchestrator. Customers have been asking how to build a suite of Orchestrator Runbooks which enable a robust flow of data from Operations Manager 2012 to these other EM tools and Service Desks.
Kelverion have developed and recently released a series of ‘free of charge’ Runbooks that use best practices to connect Operations Manager 2012 to a number of EM tools and Service Desks as follows:
- BMC Remedy ARS v7.5, 7.6
- BMC Remedy ARS v7.1
- HP Service Manager
Enterprise Management Tools
- BMC Enterprise Event Manager (BEM) v7.4
- HP Operations Manager
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
These Runbook Connectors deliver a number of inter-connection functions such as;
- Event forwarding
- Automatic Incident Ticket creation
- Automatic update of the SCOM Event to record the Service Desk Ticket ID
- Monitoring of the target EM tool or Service Desk in order to automatically resolve the original Operations Manager Event once the Event is Resolved on the target system.
For customers looking for event enrichment and more in-depth processing of events from Operations Manager, this can be achieved by adding further Runbooks to the base solution.
The package includes the Runbooks, User Guide, evaluation copy of the Integration Pack for Databases and Runbook Surveyor documentation of the Runbook configurations. The package is available to download from here.
The product description is available on the Kelverion website here.
If you have any questions regarding these Connectors or require assistance please contact email@example.com